user profile
Sign in
user profile

Max 100 characters per line for key product features, what will happen if it exceeds?

by Seller_KIsCKVfes7Lcs

Max 100 characters per line for key product features, what will happen if it exceeds?
I have listings with all key product features exceed 100 characters, sell very good. Should I shorten the product features under 100 characters? Will this affect my the rank and sales?
Thanks in advance.

Tags: Listings
1.7K views
13 replies
13 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_VPTojhikJPGtl
In reply to: Seller_KIsCKVfes7Lcs's post

Bots will eventually flag the items for listing violations and suppress the listings until corrections are made.

Key product features should be just that… Key features, not paragraphs or sentences.

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

Actually I doubt anything more than ignore what’s over the limit from indexing …

user profile
Seller_0txVq03QjK9Av

it would be a great idea to make the “Key Product Features” short and to the point so people should be able to read it in 2 - 3 seconds.
long descriptions may be avoided by many buyers. so the 100 characters limit is actually a good thing in my perspective

user profile
Seller_uDU5oLON5l6AF

It’s not a bug, Amazon messed up the search terms intentionally.

Update to search term field
Aug 2, 2018
Amazon limits the length of the search terms attribute to less than 250 bytes. If your search terms exceed the limit, you will now see a warning message beside the search terms field on the Keywords tab in Seller Central.

If you see the warning message, click Save and finish on the same tab. Your search terms within the length limit will be saved. This shortened version is the first 249 bytes of your current terms. You can edit the terms, but they must be less than the limit.

For information on how to optimize your search terms, see Using search terms effectively.
https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/23501?ref=hlpn_0_5116090612105275456_0_23501

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post