user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Buy Shipping Uptick in forcing Priority and UPS ground over Ground Advantage, Estimate Calculating Based on Ground Advantage

by Seller_QMHY087ZFYGDJ

Is everyone else seeing a increase in Amazon Buy Shipping force UPS ground and USPS Priority on small / light orders, even though is basing estimate on USPS Ground Advantage? I'm seeing about 40% of my order getting this issue, having to buy shipping on 3rd party shipping platform. This started this weekend 11/4/23

My shipping settings are at 5-10 days. Has not changed, I always ship same day on order before 2pm, I just like to give my delivery window as many days as possible because of the pitfalls of USPS.

Tags: MFN, Shipping, Shipping labels, UPS, USPS
85 replies
85 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qa3jEvxx9StPs
In reply to: Seller_QMHY087ZFYGDJ's post

Yes, we are dealing with this as well!

user profile
Seller_3IUx63Iv2xKwE

I'm seeing this too. This morning it was specifically on orders going to Arizona, Florida and Oklahoma (I'm in Minnesota).

About a year ago I had the same issue. It would only happen on Mondays and only to specific states. My shipping templates are automated, so it shouldn't have been an issue. I always thought Amazon's automated shipping templates just didn't match up with the actual ship time for those handful of states. Tried seller support multiple times - they couldn't figure it out. Eventually the issue seemed to have fixed itself.

Now I fear it's back. It makes shipping on Mondays such a pain because I manually get labels for these orders elsewhere.

user profile
Seller_uXsweClW9xYbS

Same here... any advice?

user profile
Seller_H0w5x9ptANVI8

Same here, for orders going to NV, CA. We are in NC. Best you can do is buy shipping elsewhere and manually add the tracking number to the order, as another seller mentioned.

user profile
Seller_hnKu5Y8FFUG3l

I'm getting ways less Ground Advantage offers than I was a few weeks ago. It's like it's not even an option anymore. Went from shipping 5-6 a day to practically zero.

user profile
Seller_wq6oujB0PUHCj

yes, having same problem. a 4 oz package is showing me to ship priority. can not do that. my price is not letting me

user profile
Seller_Mr7SPu9gotmCo

Yes, we have the same issue with Amazon Buy Shipping only offering Priority Mail, but it is only to states next to us. We are being offered Ground Advantage for the rest of the US. Additionally, they are offering regional boxes, which were discontinued in January of 2023.

user profile
Seller_zwrOBfSRoMolj

Seeing the same here, Never had many issues with my shipping template and now its trying to force me to go priority on orders that were placed even this morning...

user profile
Seller_vzJGi2rpsS4Om

Yes and those i have to get the label elsewhere. It happened a lot of earlier in the year and I don't know why

user profile
Seller_O6YWkDReQ90FK

This is Amazon's way of again ripping off sellers. We are forced to buy our postage elsewhere, and then lose Amazon's so-called protection against INR claims. Scammers, who populate Amazon like locusts, will claim they didn't get their item, tracking shows delivered, Amazon says you didn't buy postage from them (naturally, since they made it impossible for you to do so), and so they refund the buyer from YOUR account, keep their cut, and give the buyer a free item. I just wonder how many millions Amazon has pocketed from this scheme.

Go to original post