user profile
Sign in
user profile

One phone number for personal and business account

by Seller_oaO8z8cMpP4RV

Hello everyone,

I’m really trying to follow the rules, but I don’t know what to do. I’ve looked many times in the forums and online, and I haven’t seen an answer for my problem.

I have a personal amazon account, and I have my business amazon account with it’s own EIN. I"d like to use the same phone number for both because I’m just getting off the ground, and I only have one phone number. However, Amazon won’t let me use it for both accounts - it says I should contact customer support, which makes me wonder if it’s a no-no.

Any suggestions, other than getting. a second phone?

Thanks!

Tags: Account Health
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OxjIxwlMmwmlP
In reply to: Seller_oaO8z8cMpP4RV's post

Amazon used to allow the same number for multiple accounts but that stopped when they stopped requiring approval for multiple accounts a couple years ago.

When you requested and got approval, support would flip the switch linking the accounts and allowing the same # to be used for both.

I own 2 unique businesses with different partners / finances / EIN’s / Brands but because I am the heavy user, I wanted my Cell to be the emergency # for both and it is.

If I were to sign up today and do what I did in the past, a separate # would need to be used.

Guess those of us who do what I am doing are grandfathered in.

Is your personal account just a buying account? You really don’t need that if this is the case bc every seller account comes with a buyer account. You can just get rid of the other account and use your EIN account for buying and selling. Just don’t leave reviews or feedback for your purchases to avoid any possible issue with manipulation.

OOOOOOOOOOOR - get another phone

Good luck with you ventures
ASV

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

Your Amazon.com Customer Account and Seller Account are connected, we have the same phone number listed for both our Customer and Seller Account.

Do you or a family member have a second Customer Account that may be using the same phone number?

Here is some additional info:

Managing Your Account (Customer Display)

A mobile number can be linked to only one Amazon account.

If you can’t log in or sign-up using your mobile number because it is already linked to another account, please try one of the following resolutions:

• If you already own another Amazon account associated with the mobile number you provided:
    1. Try resetting the password by using the Forgot password? link.

You’ll receive an one-time passcode (OTP) to your mobile number or email address.

1. Enter the OTP to verify that it’s your account.
  2. Reset the password or login with OTP and continue shopping on Amazon.
  • If you have an alternative mobile number:

Try using that mobile number for this account.

• If you don’t own any other Amazon account linked with your mobile number:

It’s possible that your phone number previously belonged to someone else. Contact our Customer Service for help.

user profile
Seller_G3tKlxqw9EUfb

You don’t need to get a second phone, just a second phone number. It can ring the same cell phone.

user profile
Seller_G3tKlxqw9EUfb

Am I right in assuming that you have two seller accounts in this scenario? Because if you just have a buyer account and a seller account with a different EIN it should not be as big of a deal.

If you have two seller accounts then you are likely to run into other problems… shared IP addresses and the like

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post