452538 members
1994 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

Entered the wrong brand name to my listing

by Seller_4jXXYBD8giXoa
in New Seller Community group

Hello,

So long story short, I am launching a new product on amazon that is brand registered. When I created the listing I entered the wrong brand name and now now only does the product not appear as brand registered, but it showing an incorrect brand on my listing.

The main problem is that I have 675 units already in transit to the fulfillment center. I reached out to amazon and they told me I needed to recreate my listing because I cannot change the name of my brand that is assigned an ASIN.

They said that once it gets to the warehouse I should call them to do a BIN check on my inventory to switch out the ASINs once I create a new listing.

The only issue is that the UPC code that is printed on the current inventory is attached to the old ASIN and I cannot use that UPC for the new ASIN.

I am not sure what I can do here. Any suggestions?

Tags: Brand Registry
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_4zBzdtgCyS9EI
In reply to: Seller_4jXXYBD8giXoa's post

You can only request a brand name to be changed for minor corrections, such as a missing letter or other misspelling. other than that, you have to call back your inventory and start over with a new listing, new UPC and new ASIN

user profile
Seller_rI7BZIczK8iAC
In reply to: Seller_4jXXYBD8giXoa's post

Hello NewBerry, am I right to suppose that this is YOUR brand that YOU enrolled in Brand Registry?

user profile
Seller_4jXXYBD8giXoa
Show post
I am launching a new product on amazon that is brand registered.

So you created a listing with the wrong brand name. As @Seller_4zBzdtgCyS9EI said, you can NOT change the brand on a listing and have to do exactly what he/she said:

user profile
Seller_4zBzdtgCyS9EI
Show post
you have to call back your inventory and start over with a new listing, new UPC and new ASIN

The units will arrive to you in bunches and it will take weeks and months.

In case you have inventory on hand (and did not send ALL to FBA), create NOW a new listing taking a new UPC from GS1 attributed to the correct brand name and send in units with the new correct FNSKU.

The answer you got is very doubful and I would NOT trust that Amazon will do this:

user profile
Seller_4jXXYBD8giXoa
Show post
I should call them to do a BIN check on my inventory to switch out the ASINs once I create a new listing.

... and what should mean "switch out the ASINSs"????

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post