user profile
Sign in
user profile

Automated handling time, major issues.

by Seller_yAegk5kWNVMTE

There is a ongoing issue for sure. My default handling time is set to "2 Days". I turned off "Automated handling time" 6 days ago (that I never turned on in the first place, and was never told), and 3 days later still had same issues. Some orders 2 days to ship, some 1 day. So then I turned off "Shipping Settings Automation (SSA)". Still the same, so I started manually updating my over 1000 SKUs 2 days ago to "2 Day Handling Time". Today I get a order that I change to "2 day Handling Time" 2 days ago, that came in late afternoon West Coast time today, says I need to ship it by tomorrow.

Not sure what is going on with Amazon, my guess is they missed up the coding when they set up this new "Automated handling time". And they must be rolling it out in phases, because it was not a issues for me till last week. Others have reported issues a couple months ago, then a lot more reports about 3 weeks ago.

Amazon Mods any updates on this ongoing issue?

@Dominic_Amazon @SEAmod @TaylorR_Amazon @KJ_Amazon

Tags: Shipping
28 replies
28 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw
In reply to: Seller_yAegk5kWNVMTE's post

I'm sure that one or more of the mods will chime in here shortly, to tell you how lucky you are that Amazon is providing this wonderful service for you, and how everyone loves having their settings changed without notification, and how you've been "rewarded" for great service by being forced into situations where it is impossible to keep the promises made on your behalf.

They'll tell you how there are so many sellers raving about how wonderful this is; although the source of that info is secret; it's certainly not on the forums, where I've seen nothing but complaints about Amazon messing up businesses.

Yes, Amazon knows far more about running our businesses than we do.

As for it being applied even after you opt-out multiple times, I'm sure that this is not a "bug", but a "feature".

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

When you turned off automated handling time did you notice what your default is now?

I believe you can no longer have a default handling time greater than 1.

Which means setting handling time at the SKU level.

user profile
Seller_dVMKJ8a3J9Tx5

I am having the same trouble automatic handling time is turned off and I have everything set to 3 day handling time yet I have to ship it next day. Several cases opened and no help.

user profile
Seller_NaffGpwcLYP2C

You are not alone. Amazon , again screwing us and force us to 1-day handling regardless if you turn off, it will be on again automatically.

@Dominic_Amazon @SEAmod @TaylorR_Amazon @KJ_Amazon

user profile
Dominic_Amazon

Hi @Seller_yAegk5kWNVMTE,

Dominic from Amazon here, happy to help. I posted a thread about this a few weeks back. I pulled a few key points from that thread below.

• I have seen some concerns from Sellers that being auto enrolled in this may impact your LSR metrics. Wanted to provide clarity around this: For the first 90 days after this change, your Late Shipment Rate (LSR) will not be impacted if you have a late shipment because Automated Handling Time set a faster Handling Time than your original configuration.
  • The second concern we have seen is if Sellers decide to opt out of the Automated Handling time they will then have to manually reset their handling time. The good news is, this will not be a manual process. If Sellers do decide to opt out all the previously set values at account and SKU level will revert back to the original settings before the update occurred.

Best,

Dominic

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

user profile
Dominic_Amazon
View post
For the first 90 days after this change, your Late Shipment Rate (LSR) will not be impacted

Please be aware of the fact that many of us are actually more concerned with meeting the expectations of the customer than in whether or not it will affect our metrics.

Most sellers have their settings set the way they do for a reason; changing them without permission is simply bad policy by Amazon.

user profile
Seller_4K7eqIN4GuF2E

Mods are not going to help you.

We faced the same problem several months ago when Amazon decided to hijack our processing times. At that time they were honest about it (rare for Amazon to be honest) and they told everyone affected that you could no longer globally reset your handling time. So we had to waste days manually going through our listings to reset the handling time.

This is the only way to solve the problem - until the next brilliant idea Amazon comes up with to screw 3P setters.

user profile
Seller_faIS07rf0CDnM

Issues here also. Always had 1 day handling but anything we get by 8:00 AM we ship same day. Switched to automated handling time. Figured we would try it if it helps getting more sales in any way.

Got an order generated 11:45 am on a Friday and went to ship Saturday morning and it was late! What? 3 orders received before that on Friday morning (also shipped Saturday) were not late???? Makes no sense.

Had to turn off automatic and revert back to 1 day. Completely useless "tool".

user profile
Seller_HWMMpfA7lubQn

@Seller_yAegk5kWNVMTE same issue https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/cb4d6ffd-cd37-4446-969c-63a1941f3096?postId=3ca5b497-75b6-4c87-a710-edb34abc4724

user profile
Seller_xAcPYBE19LuC7

Amazon is there for themselves. They want to force sellers to 1 day handling times. We had this issue at Christmas time when we were closed on non-holiday days. So we had to come in in ship orders for Amazon when were we closed. And now with Easter weekend the same issue. We are closed Friday.

Followed all the steps to change our settings to 2 day handling times. Put our default handling to 2 days also uploaded a flat file and set "ALL" skus to 2 handling times. And guess what Amazon is reverting our listing back to 1 day.

Why cant i add additional non-working days to the shipping settings? This would allow small businesses the opportunity to close an extra day or two at the holidays.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post