user profile
Sign in
user profile

Supressed Listings

by Seller_b0hAPSgZsCr3s

I have been selling on Amazon for years, always dealing from time to time with boots that suppress some of my listings and I am not able to update no matter how hard I tried.

Last week I had like 8 listings on this situation and I have been back and forth with seller support trying to bring them back to active mode, sometimes it has been successful and others a waste of time. This morning I had only 19 left. Now when I get back home to continue my task of checking status it happened that I have 655 listings suppressed. That is a big part of my inventory and I am totally shocked, I do not know how to start now. This is a nightmare, I do not feel I have the time or the energy to go over all this. I am approved to sell the brands, My account is in perfect standard, so I am devastated. What is happening??? IS someone else in this situation, how can I solve it, who do I call?

Tags: Listings
24 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
In reply to: Seller_b0hAPSgZsCr3s's post

We have been getting s lot more suppressions in the past few weeks. But we find there is a greater problem.

Have you checked to see if the listing is really suppressed? We find our suppressed listings are running live in the catalog and are selling weekly. There must be a glitch somewhere. Maybe it is in that new App that shows up in our seller central page.

user profile
Seller_2T9NhX1O3iRHx

It seems that lately the good listings suddenly were suppressed. I have also provided the same comments to: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/seller-forums/discussions/t/c837ad95-0c7c-4fd9-8189-f516ac35a70e?postId=a5a5a0e2-8f46-453c-a677-af35a35e0c88. I hope this helps.

In May 2024, my listings were suppressed due to inactive inventory for FBA even though they were inventory at FBA . After multiple attempts, Seller Support was able to resolve this issue. Per seller support, case 15253981001, they recommended me to do a full update of the listings using Feeds.

There's a video from Seller University shows how to download and upload the spreadsheet. https://sellercentral.amazon.com/learn/courses?moduleId=3082eb7c-7ac5-44bd-aa5a-8414b229255f&ref_=su_refined_search&modLanguage=English&videoPlayer=youtube

These are the steps to upload and download the spreadsheet.

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/listing/cards

Since I already listed the products, I chose this option:

1. List products already in Amazon's catalog.

2. PLEASE NOTE: I recommend to upload 1 ASIN first to see if it's successful before entering all of the other suppressed ASINs.

As for my case, it's importance to select the correct fulfillment channel code, which is AMAZON_NA, please chose what appropriate for you on the spreadsheet.

3. https://sellercentral.amazon.com/listing/upload

Below is the email from Seller Support. I did not do step 5 below because Amazon did not accept my file saved as Text (Tab-delimited), instead I just saved the file as Excel and uploaded.

Follow the steps below to do that:

Step 1 - You will have to first download the product specific template for the SKUs that you are trying to update. For your convenience, I have attached the link for product specific templates : https://sellercentral.amazon.com/help/hub/reference/G1641

Step 2 - Enter the SKUs

Step 3 - Enter the correct details for the all the mandatory information the respective cells

Step 4 - In the "Update/Delete" column, please select 'Update' for all the SKUs.

Step 5 - Once feeding all your data, save your file. In "Save As Type" list select Text (Tab-delimited) (*.txt).

Browse to where you would like to save the file, rename the file, and click Save. You might see a warning that the selected file format (the tab-delimited file type) does not support workbooks containing multiple worksheets. Click Yes.

Step 6 - Upload your file from the page below. Make sure you select the appropriate option from dropdown menu. In this case you will need to select 'Inventory Files for non-Media Categories' https://sellercentral.amazon.com/listing/upload?ref_=xx_upload_tnav_download

Once you have completed the steps, allow a time frame of 24 hours for the issue to get resolved. Please be informed that Seller Support cannot update on your behalf.

user profile
Seller_FaV5Qh0z4BM3s

I have the same thing happen to me. My listings go suppressed, even though I haven't changed any attributes. For some reason, the color name and color map attributes suddenly need updating?

It's faulty Amazon software doing this and creating unnecessary problems for the sellers.

user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG

We have 38 Searched Suppressed listings.

All say "Description is missing" however when you go to edit the item the description fields are filled.

Even changing & and saving new descriptions does not fix the issue.

@Manny_Amazon

user profile
Seller_24FzucbyGtgZS

Amazon is a horrible company with zero seller support.

When one of our listing is "suppressed" we zero the quantity out. This way when a buyer looks at the (which they still can do) they will get a message that it is "out of stock and Amazon does not know when or if it will be available again".

Then the buyer has to look somewhere else, and since the majority of my items are exclusive they will find them on eBay, or Etsy, or Ecrater who does NOT play this game.

user profile
Seller_V5l9UBkHDQEjb

its been a problem for years, and moreso in the last 3 months or so.

bots simply come by and remove various VALID pieces of dialogue in the boxes and then suppress the listing. if the browse node is removed, it suppresses it and doesn't even tell you. my favorite is when the browse node isn't just removed, its replaced with like arabic or something.

its also become harder and harder to fix as well, since they're making permissions harder to seek. which seems silly - you can't sell items that customers can't find, and sellers in good faith trying to fix them aren't allowed to. And customers are clearly seeking the items to buy.

some mod guidance on this would be really nice.

user profile
Seller_aUbEyzlSSnsDJ

Amazon has become a rag tag platform. Every day something is wrong with the platform. Sellers pay fees to sell on this platform where is the service.????

user profile
Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi

Amazons bots are as inept as their seller support. If you don't have at least 1-5% of your catalog suppressed because of their incompetence, are you even really a seller?

user profile
Seller_SkvGZOTtrNdPV

Same here. I had over 800 suppressed listing just 2 weeks before Mothers. Day. I Made sure i ramped up to be ready for a very successfull Mothers day with my offerings. ALL suppressed. lost between 50 and 55K in sales compared to last year. I have called over and over. Different seller support ( most of which know nothing but how to " cut and paste" replies to me )which i have already done what it says 100 times myself.

Here it is 2 weeks later and i now have active listings ( 381) that i have worked on that are finally unsuppressed but yet everything that is on the way to the warehouse ( not active yet) all suppressed. ( 300) Most probably due to a bot.

Sole_Obsession_LLC mentioned " For some reason, the color name and color map attributes suddenly need updating?" I had the same problem with the " womens" " color" and "color map" All of them i could see listed there but for some reason they were not updating.

Lots of HOURS of work for sellers. Plus the stress of it all.

Sellers need better support then what we are receiving. Amazon please hire more help in the catalog team area. Not only are the sellers loosing business but Amazon is loosing ALOT of business.

Please help us sellers!

user profile
Seller_ntjsLtbenySYo

i'm having the exact same thing....tons and tons of listing going supressed for no apparent reason. when i reach out to seller support, i keep getting the run around. and my favorite reply is "you have been safe listed for this brand. pls wait 48 hours"....and guess what happens after 48 hours.

nothing

amazon is turning into a red tape nightmare and seller support is at an all time low

Go to original post