user profile
Sign in
user profile

Holiday Returns Window 2022 - Update

by News_Amazon

We recently announced an update to the Holiday returns window and are now able to provide additional details. We have revised the return window from past years to ensure most early holiday shoppers' purchases during the new Prime Early Access Sale will also be eligible.

The 2022 extended holiday returns window will be in effect from October 11 through December 25, allowing customers to return most items through January 31, 2023.

Returns eligibility for all orders remains the same. For more information on our returns policy and to view the returns eligibility for each category, go to Returns and refunds.

Tags: News and Announcements
36 replies
36 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rttt1yARiCuPx
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

OK am I the only one that is totally confused about the policy?

user profile
Seller_EaXxdawRo2l6o
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_coKQLyQNTiGPe

Yikes. The decision on the extended holiday return policy has been an absolute train wreck this year. First it was issued ‘late’ since Oct 1st has been the date the last two years. That was done due to the pandemic. Things are generally back to normal now so there is no need for this longer extension this year. Second, the policy is released to start between Oct 7th - Dec 31st. Fine. Whatever.

Third, new communication comes out soon after saying, ‘Haha, naw. That isn’t true. We’ll get back to you.’ related to this silly second Prime Day nonsense…which doesn’t make sense with this sale already being included in the original Oct 7th - Dec 31st dates.

Then, fourth, we come to today. NOW, the policy is for the odd dates of Oct 11th - Dec 25th. What? Just what?

All of this could have been avoided if someone could have just made up their mind ahead of time and decided to just keep it Oct 1st - Dec 31st like the previous two years. Makes Amazon look incredibly silly and amateur…

user profile
Seller_EaXxdawRo2l6o

How about Prime orders do that and the rest do what we do all year long. Easy peasy.

user profile
Seller_qWDxu9neDpfSo

I get Amazon is trying to compete with the bigger retailers but this policy is complete garbage. What Amazon fails to consider is that the big retailers don’t allow every return that enters their store to be processed. I constantly watch them turn away costumers that try and return products that don’t meet the return requirements. Amazon just lets anyone return anything (even if it’s not the correct item) and gives them a full refund. Then the sellers are required to do the work to get their money back with a safe-t claim which doesn’t give you the money owed, they give you some random measly amount the computer generates. Straight trash

user profile
Seller_MwCWEj52qYmsI

Amazon are you drunk? You literally forgot to even enact the policy before the 1st when it has started because of the “pandemic”.

Then in response to sellers being furious you “delayed it with updates later, but would apply during the prime day sales”.

NOW you are updating us and it’s just the 11th through Christmas?

REALLY? You did all this to move the date by 4 days?

Seriously who is running this ship and why are they failing so hard at the basics?

user profile
Seller_gEYARoahzhWVc
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_LwUhSN3kUAXlg

The multiplicity of redundant and contradictory announcements makes it difficult to decide where to kvetch, but:

1. This wording implies that either:
    (a) PEAS is a holiday, or
    (b) this should only apply to holiday shopping purchases, at which point I want evidence that our furniture (who gifts a couch?) wasn’t bought for personal consumption

2. Previous wording implied (poorly) that the Oct. 11th date would only apply to Prime purchases

3. What is your damn point? Any buyer can return any item (or a different one), any time, in any condition, and A2Z (or double-chargeback in a way we aren’t allowed to defend) any item and get our money (and likely the item as well).

4. How is saying “effective for orders already placed today” (a) reasonable or (b) meeting the TOS requirement of 30 days notice of policy changes (and this policy has changed more than once in the last 30 days)? Oh, I forgot … our legally binding agreement with Amazon only applies to the extent it benefits Amazon.

5. There are some things (and this is one of them) you do exceedingly poorly, Amazon. There are other things (and this is one of them) that are exceedingly seller-hostile. So please stop saying “our excellent automation says your name is Buttle, not Tuttle, so it must be” and “we love our 3PS.” Kick me in the groin, or tell me you love me … don’t do both at the same time.

user profile
Seller_LwUhSN3kUAXlg

This announcement would seem to imply that this should only apply to Prime purchases, at least for the first two days, non?

Customers who start their holiday shopping early at the new Prime Early Access Sale on October 11 and 12 will be able to return most products until January 31, 2023.

Of course, I’m asking for a lucid, real-time response from a company that can’t make a lucid announcement with months to prepare it, so who’s the idiot here?

user profile
Seller_tvUnTMOounkGW

Amazon: We are notifying you of a policy change that impacts your business.
Me: When does it go into effect?
Amazon: oh, about 20 hours ago.
Me: . .

Go to original post