user profile
Sign in
user profile

Unauthorized seller

by Seller_7QIJ9Mgbs1gge

Nebver thought we would be on this side of the forum. We are a registered brand on Amazon.com. On a random Google search of our company reach, I discovered two unauthorized sellers of our products. One on Amazon.ca and Amazon.com.mx

I reached out to Brand Registry to file a formal grievance and the form for us to complete required the 3rd party seller’s name (that was easy) and the seller’s email. Now… How in the heck are we supposed to locate this? Both sellers have misleading company names and one of them is completelyt void of any documentation when doing a Google search on their company.

So… what can we do? I can’t get a phone call from any Amazon rep. no serious help from Amazon at all. Any help from the forum is appreciated.

Tags: Search
22 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_7QIJ9Mgbs1gge
In reply to: Seller_7QIJ9Mgbs1gge's post

I reached out to three of the Canadian sellers. Strongly suggested that they purchase directly from us (for cheaper pricing. Not wholesale pricing but certainly less than our retail). This way they could continue to sell our inventory and be ‘authorized’ with Waterfall Glen Soap Company. We also suggested that they bring their pricing more closer to our retail price This would in turn increase their purchases and drive the higher priced ‘unauthorized’ seller out of their market. Guess what the consistent response has been? All three sellers removed our products and do not wish to create a real partnership. Go figure? There are still about 5 more unauthorized sellers in the Canadian market. I’m dropping this. I don’t want Amazon trouble and ffrankly… they’re buying from us anyone

Jump to reply
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_7bc5ra4BBwalI

Hi there,
If you are not a member of brand registry you can use this form : Amazon will not assist with unauthorized sellers but will enforce intellectual property claims

user profile
Seller_l0tcNftm21Y2F

Are these products your branded products, or is it your item branded as something else? Does it look like your US detail page?

Do you sell on CA and MX?

user profile
Seller_l0tcNftm21Y2F

Other sellers can list their items for sale against pages that you have created or added your copyrighted images to. However, we do require sellers to list only against detail pages that exactly match their items. If you believe sellers are listing against detail pages that do not exactly match their items, we ask that you report the violation directly by using the contact us form.

Yes, as you will see from the URL you just posted about reporting a violation you will see that you don’t really own the information or detail page, and anyone who has that item can sell it. Brand Registry will not help, and you can’t get sellers kicked off of a listing just for selling a product. In fact sellers have lost their Brand Registry privileges for requesting to remove other sellers. It doesn’t matter if you didn’t authorize anyone to sell it, Amazon does not interfere in “authorized” sellers. That is for the brand owner/manufacturer to enforce.

That page is just your detail page shown in MX and CA. And if you are part of FBA Global Export and have inventory, you might show up on the same pages.

If you are concerned about unauthorized selling, look into the Transparency program.

Most helpful reply
user profile
Seller_7QIJ9Mgbs1gge

I reached out to three of the Canadian sellers. Strongly suggested that they purchase directly from us (for cheaper pricing. Not wholesale pricing but certainly less than our retail). This way they could continue to sell our inventory and be ‘authorized’ with Waterfall Glen Soap Company. We also suggested that they bring their pricing more closer to our retail price This would in turn increase their purchases and drive the higher priced ‘unauthorized’ seller out of their market. Guess what the consistent response has been? All three sellers removed our products and do not wish to create a real partnership. Go figure? There are still about 5 more unauthorized sellers in the Canadian market. I’m dropping this. I don’t want Amazon trouble and ffrankly… they’re buying from us anyone

user profile
Seller_lOg30l1Jwpv5M

Exactly the same problem we are facing since months. We are brand registered in US and 8-10 sellers are selling our products who are not authorized. We tried a lot through Brand registry and Customer support team but no help. They are still selling at reduced prices and we are losing our sales. Looking for alternative ways to remove these sellers.

user profile
Seller_l0tcNftm21Y2F

I think the “unauthorized” sellers in foreign markets are helping more than you think.

1. Unless you have a wholesale relationship with them, they are buying your product at full retail to resell there.
  2. They aren’t hurting your future sales in those countries, if anything they are helpful. Without them you have 0 brand presence on Amazon at all. Your listing would not even appear. If they sell a single unit, they increase the rank of your item, and it will appear higher in search.

Once you decide to sell internationally, according to your own estimates, you should easily be able to sell for a much lower price and don’t really have to worry about competing with them.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post