user profile
Sign in
user profile

New dropshipping store issue

by Seller_SB9OWXWSEcOlm

When I attempted to list a product in my store I got a error message with the number 5882. Anyone know how to handle this?

Tags: Inventory
2 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_mlV9hk5A1YthG
In reply to: Seller_SB9OWXWSEcOlm's post

I got one of these myself last night. In my case, the error message says (end of the first sentence): ... on the Intellectual Property (IP) of brand(s) Lg. This happened because their IP Protection Bot does not understand context. My product has size variations. One of those sizes includes the letters Lg. I opened a case, but they followed up to ask for an ASIN. Well, their isn't an ASIN because the system won't let me Submit the listing while it contains an IP violation. I tried saving it as a Draft, but no draft was actually saved. Today I sent them a screen shot of the Variations page which helpfully shows the same text as the 5882 error in red text right inside of the Lg size variation in the Variation Gird, or whatever it is called. I've been using Lg in my size variations for years. I'm guessing that the LG brand just recently registered for IP protection. Next I expect they will start retroactively rejecting all of my existing listings. Hopefully, they can smarten-up their IP tool and avoid a lot of pointless bother and worry all around. Anyway, what brand did your 5882 message say you were infringing on?

user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG
In reply to: Seller_SB9OWXWSEcOlm's post

Error code 5882

You cannot create a product listing with the brand value "generic" that infringes on the Intellectual Property (IP) of a brand. Using another brand’s IP in your generic product listing, or listing a branded product as generic, are violations of our listing policies. For more information, go to Amazon Brand Name Policy and Amazon Intellectual Property Policy. If you believe that you are complying with our policies, contact Selling Partner Support and mention the error code 5882.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post