6919 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

Important message about your Amazon Handmade account

by Seller_jdQNopmMHrLrk
in Handmade Community group

Yesterday I received an email that states the following:

"Hello,

During a recent review of products offered in the Amazon Handmade store, we determined that you may not be meeting the requirements of selling in the Handmade category. See the "Resources" section at the bottom of this message if you have questions about our policies that led to this determination.

What actions do I need to take?

Within 5 days, please send the following information to

handmade-proactive-appeals@amazon.com

-- A detailed description of the production processes used to create the items you have listed in the Handmade category.

-- The production methods used and the specific process steps to create your items.

--> What is your design process?

--> Where are your items crafted?

--> Are you crafting the items you sell by yourself, or with others? If with others, how many people are involved? What are they responsible for? Are they family and friends that are not being paid, employees that receive a regular paycheck from you, or contractors that are responsible for some of the production? If they are contractors, what percentage of the production are they responsible for?

--> How long does it take to create an item, after it has been designed?

--> What is the final product you are creating?

--> What is the number of your employees and what are their roles?

-- The number of items you can produce in a week.

-- Three to five photos or videos that show the production process for items you intend to list. Please note that we cannot accept links to photos or videos stored in personal cloud storage sites such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or Microsoft OneDrive. Do not add archive files in ZIP or RAR format. The file formats supported are JPEG or PNG for images, and MP4 for videos.

--> Each photo or video must clearly display your business card or feature your business name or logo. For example, in the background or on an envelope, so that we can verify image authenticity. Digital watermarks or logos will not be accepted.

--> The photos or videos must be of items that you currently have listed and you must note the ASINs of those items.

-- Any additional details you would like us to know to better understand your business or craft.

We will review your information and may request additional details and respond with a decision as soon as possible."

I have well over 100 SKU's that are affected by this. I am a single person operation, and you want to give me 5 days to document everything for over 100 products?????

If Amazon shuts down these listings I most likely being going out of business.

Tags: Seller Support
3 replies
3 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_2azHBWt7FzGTG
In reply to: Seller_jdQNopmMHrLrk's post

@Seller_jdQNopmMHrLrk They randomly send these out. Take the current orders that you are going to fill and print them out so that the names and dates can be seen in a picture or video. Actually make the items and take video or pictures as you make them and explain the process. Show yourself packing the items and putting on the shipping labels. If you do it this way, there is no question as to the fact that you are handmaking and shipping your handmade items. Along with the video/pictures, take and copy/paste the list of questions that they require you to answer into a word document and answer them.

Do not feel overwhelmed or afraid. I have had to do this as well and mine was accepted within 30 minutes of sending in because I made the current days orders on a video so that there was no question as to the authenticity of my handmade items or who was making them or where they shipped from.

Check back in after you do all of that and let us know how you fared. :)

user profile
Seller_hcWrIrAVpIfqI

This is a standard checkup, you haven't done anything wrong! Answer the questions and provide photos. I recommend printing out your logo LARGE on a full sheet of paper and include it in all your photos. Keep your photos and videos small. You do not have to include ALL of your items! Just make sure that the 3-5 photos include current items listed in your shop (include the ASIN of the item with the photo you submit).

Take a deep breath and just answer their questions, you'll be fine :)

user profile
Seller_gwzuNYC3ogYNo

Be sure to have something in the photo or video that shows your logo, a label, a business card, a printout that looks like a business card.

Also the Amazon email system does not accept big files, so if you send videos, they have to be short or low resolution or compressed in some way. I used this one, take out the spaces of this link:

https: // www. freeconvert. com / video-compressor

or if the link still gets deleted web search for freeconvert dot com video compressor

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post