user profile
Sign in
user profile

Simplify US seller-fulfilled returns with the new Returns Provider program

by News_Amazon

To help international sellers manage seller-fulfilled returns from US customers, we’re launching the Returns Provider (RP) program.

If you don’t have a US return address, the Returns Provider program can connect you with service providers to manage your returns.

Using the program simplifies domestic returns, allows you to recoup return costs, and ensures a seamless customer returns experience. Once enrolled in the program, you can receive Prepaid returns for seller-fulfilled orders with the provider’s domestic warehouse address, enabling you to further streamline customer returns.

The Returns Provider program will launch to a limited number of international sellers on February 16, 2022 February 22, 2022, and then to all sellers by March 2022.

For more information, see Returns Provider (RP) program.

[Moderator edit made by SEAmod - launch date ]
Tags: Customer
3.6K views
22 replies
22 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Yup. This is what we needed. A way to further assist international sellers on the US platform. Good job Amazon, your doing it!

user profile
Seller_LgA1wzDgo1LaX

FREE RERURNS will kill profit for small business in US, small and lights boxes shipping cost is high and REE RETURNS will be lead to more abuse by customers.

user profile
Seller_h10OAqbrDLOfF

More than ever, it’s a numbers game.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

To be clear, international (non-domestic) Sellers on amazon.com have only ever had THREE options for returns, within Amazon policy:

1. Returnless refunds
  2. Pre-paid and Seller-funded international return label, regardless of return reason
  3. A US-based return address

This announcement is nothing new, policy-wise. Amazon is announcing an integrated service to streamline option 3.

International Sellers have the option to enroll in the RP program, where they will choose from Amazon-vetted, US-based return providers and begin offering their Buyers automatically-generated, Seller-funded, pre-paid return shipping labels to the domestic RP address.

user profile
Seller_uPXKEZAdYjLr8

Using the program simplifies domestic returns, allows you to recoup return costs, and ensures a seamless customer returns experience. Once enrolled in the program, you can receive Prepaid returns for seller-fulfilled orders with the provider’s domestic warehouse address, enabling you to further streamline customer returns.

So international accounts get to recoup return costs and I get nothing.
Why can’t I recoup my return costs? Why are you so against US sellers?

user profile
Seller_BKlV7AqNr0t5x

Amazon should help sellers handle so many fake counterfeit and IP claims issues, get a much better group shipping rates, eliminate the unfair competitions due to fake reviews, and many more things which really benefit sellers.

user profile
Seller_4K7eqIN4GuF2E

Should the proposals in Congress become law Amazon is hedging its bets as the U.S. laws will not apply to non U.S. based sellers. Therefore Amazon’s scammers will have a whole new market to rob from.

And of course Amazon will either be the parent of this new “RP” program, or will have worked out kick-backs (excuse me - fees - I get those mixed up sometimes with Amazon) so Amazon makes even more undeclared money (look at your 1099-K, see the itemization for “sales-tax”? Notice this is reported in the gross income Amazon paid you? I do not remember Amazon disbursing to me any sales tax they charged and collected on my sales. So why is Amazon claiming they paid it to me when allegedly they are supposed to remit it directly to the sales tax authorities in the relative states? Is Amazon "double dipping by claiming they paid to sales tax to us as gross sales thereby taking an earned income deduction and then taking a separate deduction when they actually paid the sales tax to the proper authorities? I have no legal authority to claim I charged, collected and paid sales tax to all the tax authorities that Amazon reported as my gross since I do not have accounts with any of the tax authorities except my own home state. On the same token how come Amazon does NOT give us a complete total of all the fees they charged us in the calendar year and instead also lumps into gross amount reported? Is this a way Amazon skirts reporting earned income? Yes you deduct the amounts from your tax return, but do you also report the fees and sales taxes back as Amazon’s income? We do, by sending Amazon a 1099-M).

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Don’t Fall for that. USA based domestic sellers can’t even recoup their return costs. Don’t think you will be any different.

Read that statement very closely. “and ensures a seamless customer returns experience”. The customer will get their money back instantly, At YOUR EXPENSE.

user profile
Seller_m6xRMBKh0TLkS

read between the lines…

To ensure that Amazon customers get exactly the junk they ordered from overseas, Amazon is now providing a way to make it easy for these scammers to have a US address for their returns.

Amazon simply found that its new policy made it harder for the knock-off makers and counterfeiters to ship their garbage to customers in the US. Amazon has been losing out on revenue from its knock-off/counterfeit product sales so this new program will make up for it. Now they can sell cheap crap, collect fees, accept returns, collect fees on returns, and now someone else will sell the returned crap on Amazon as a warehouse deal. rinse and repeat. That sums up how ScAmazon operates in a nutshell.

No matter what, Amazon does all it can to punish real sellers in favor of their knock-off partners in crime overseas.

user profile
Seller_hiGmun8KbHwyO

If I enroll the program, will we have a chance to purchase shipping from Amazon to resend returned items?

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post