user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Buy Shipping now offers the lowest commercial USPS rates available

by News_Amazon

Amazon Buy Shipping now offers the lowest commercial USPS rates that are available, with an average of 35% off USPS Ground retail rates.

Amazon Buy Shipping helps you to save more on labels, and improves the selling experience, with a 100% Valid Tracking Rate and automatic shipping confirmation. Amazon Buy Shipping provides A-to-z claims protection that are related to delivery issues or items that have not been received.

On Amazon Buy Shipping, you can purchase shipping labels with Amazon’s pre-negotiated rates, or connect your carrier account to use your own rates.

You can use Amazon Buy Shipping on Seller Central, on your own software via our Selling Partner APIs, or through select third-party shipping integrators.

To use Amazon Buy Shipping, go to Manage orders.

For more information, including eligibility for A-to-z claim protection, go to Use Buy Shipping services.

Tags: News and Announcements
86 replies
86 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fDa5EzwaItTdY
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I haven't noticed any change in price however the only change I've experienced is certain shipping options for USPS isn't available, although it's still within the estimated delivery dates (with no change to shipping template). It either forces me to purchase a more expensive label that cuts into profits or purchase labels from another source causing me to lose my protection.

UPS was great when we had sponsored rates which seem to have gone away on July 1st, was quicker and more cost-effective. Strike was adverted, what's going on.

user profile
Seller_OChH0VD9utdxq

Yet the buy shipping for international orders only allows me to choose DHL, which is a 45 minute drive from our shop.

Even through we do not have DHL enabled for our customers to choose. Shipstation and other providers do not have this limitation, and show better pricing, while also providing better bulk tools to handle orders.

user profile
Seller_hnKu5Y8FFUG3l

Is USPS Ground just rebranded parcel select? We refuse to use parcel select. We stopped using it years ago because of reliability issues. I think the problems were magnified for us do to the fact that we ship a lot of larger items (i.e. 48x8x8 32lbs, 72x8x8 45lbs etc....) . Lots of late deliveries, parcels going missing and stuff like that. Heck, as a rule of thumb we won't even use Priority unless it's $5.00 or more cheaper than UPS (rarely). Parcel Select is however quite frequently a good bit cheaper, but we have PTSD. Though this was before Amazon Buy Shipping was implemented. So, we're kind of curious.

user profile
Seller_gatjkdfPmzT4O

Now if only we could have the USPS Ground Advantage service added to the Buy Shipping features after waiting 2.5 weeks for it.

user profile
Seller_kBd7i9AloHzre

same here, don't see any discounted rate at all.

user profile
Seller_u3ulvhXpfX7Wt

USPS Media Mail is always $3.92 for up to 1 pound. Same as 'the window' @ USPS.

When will Ground Advantage rates take effect on Amazon. All other platforms already have this.

I haven't tried UPS lately because most of our shipments are to the east coast and there is no discount on the longer haul prices.

user profile
Seller_lGARPNvsQ2yLz

I noticed a huge savings on my USPS shipments for the past few weeks. I was thinking I did something special and received a great discount. I guess Amazon is being nice, maybe making up for the mega amount of hours I spend weekly trying to fix my product pages they messed up recently.

user profile
Seller_Lu3bFSNnS57zM

You mean u offer the same discount as every other shipping service

user profile
Seller_wAuSA8MCrNXNm

Please bring back UPS discounted rates.

user profile
Seller_24FzucbyGtgZS

And so does every other platform with commercial base rate. The only advantage to Amazon Buy Shipping is their alleged promise to protect you from scammer claims of non receipt.

Go to original post