user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon is refunding sales tax from my account!

by Seller_qp0tfTz5adwK7

Apologies if there have been previous posts about this - if there were, I cannot find them.

I have recently noticed several returns in which the automatic refund granted by Amazon that is taken from my account includes the sales tax! The standard procedure of course is that Amazon refunds the sales tax. This is appropriate because they are the party collecting the tax and disbursing it to the proper state authority. Those funds are never given to me, but in these cases I am being made to refund them.

I have only noticed this in a few cases, but I will now be on the lookout for it.

It is more evidence of what I have noticed ever since Amazon instituted this awful policy, that it is being managed (as are Safe-T claims) in an arbitrary manner, presumably by support staff who are either not given clear guidelines or who do not adequately follow them.

I hate having to go through the onerous process of filing Safe-T claims, but this is one more reason why I feel compelled to.

Tags: A to Z Claims, SAFE-T
1 reply
1 reply
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_qp0tfTz5adwK7
In reply to: Seller_qp0tfTz5adwK7's post

Please ignore this post - I am wrong about this. Looking at it some more, it seems that I was just confused by the way Amazon reports the numbers. Apparently, in the “Sales Proceeds” column on an Order Details page for a sale that was refunded, the amount show for “Refunds total” is what was given to the buyer but not necessarily what was deducted from my account. I feel that it used to show only what I was charged, but I may be wrong. I will still complain that Amazon does not make any of this very clear, especially with regard to shipping charges. And as for my comment about arbitrariness, that is still true in Safe-T claims, where the amount of the claim that is granted varies among cases that are otherwise identical.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post