user profile
Sign in
user profile

[EU Deemed Reseller] Stay compliant after the new EU e-Commerce Legislation with VAT Services on Amazon

by News_Amazon

Following the implementation of the new EU VAT on e-Commerce (EU VOEC) Legislation in the European Union on July 1, 2021, it is essential to ensure that your business is still compliant with EU tax laws, even.

If your business is established inside EU: when storing your inventory in other EU countries (e.g. FBA inventory placement and MFN shipments), you are still obliged to obtain VAT registration numbers and B2B sales remain taxable in line with current VAT rules, even if you opt-in UOSS.

If your business is established outside EU: when storing your inventory in EU countries (e.g. MFN shipments), you are still obliged to obtain VAT registration numbers and B2B sales remain taxable in line with current VAT rules, even with IOSS.

VAT Services on Amazon can help you stay VAT compliant in the EU so you can focus on growing your business.

VAT Services on Amazon is a VAT compliance solution that allows you to manage your European VAT registration and filing obligations via a third-party tax service provider in up to seven countries (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, and the Czech Republic). It enables you to spend more time expanding your business across Europe by handling VAT compliance more easily and time efficiently.

[Special Promotion]: When you join VAT Services on Amazon, Amazon will cover the cost of the first six months of filing and fiscal representation in all new countries you subscribed in. You can also obtain a UK and/or an EU EORI number FREE of charge.* After your first six months, you will be charged a monthly fee for VAT Services on Amazon - as low as €33.30/month (for one country, without fiscal representation).

Learn more about EU VAT on e-Commerce (EU VOEC) Legislation here.

*Free EORI service is provided by your tax service provider. Your tax service provider will also determine the appropriate country in the EU to apply for an EU EORI number.

Tags: News and Announcements
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_rU0QE1vS9M85P
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Can we just start by acknowledging that this is the most poorly translated message Amazon has ever communicated in English? The grammar and punctuation are all over the place as to make parts of it almost indecipherable, give how technical and jargony the topic is.

user profile
Seller_sUfyk7ajzPzny

When Amazon is willing to commit the EGREGIOUS foul of failing to proofread for full compliance with English-Language standards, it does itself GREAT disservice.

@SEAmod - years-worth of available evidence suggest that our Seller Community continues to be assaulted, by this or that Amazon Team which has had its first-echelon Triage functionality outsourced and/or offshored, and/or both, proving failing of Amazon’s long-established standards, as exemplified by Published Policy.

Prithee Come a Gentle Rain In Relief…

user profile
Seller_qMgi7qxvEo7f1

I’m sorry, I’m not a lawyer, just a little guy selling things online, so I have zero clues what any of these mean.

Good thing I don’t sell anything to Europe on Amazon. The other large marketplace is taking care of VATs, so that’s good. I’ll just keep selling only US domestic on Amazon. I guess that’s the safest way.

user profile
Seller_bnRioQKaPDDyH

Anybody remember all those endless emails trying to get you to sign up for selling in all these other countries?

No thanks…

We had enough anxiety from letters coming from various states looking to squeeze out FBA sales taxes for inventory we had no control over where it was stored.

The last thing we need is some little lefty Eurotrash bureaucrat in Brussels to start sending letters too.

user profile
Seller_weq1yECulcYSo

just sell your stuff on eeeeeee baaaaayyyyyyy and they have a global shipping program where you don’t have to worry about any of this stuff. i dont know why amazon can’t do the same just keep it in a us facility and when another country orders it they handle paperwork n taxes and ship it like eeee baaaaayyyyy global shipping.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post