user profile
Sign in
user profile

And there go textbook sales

by Seller_CRAHk6FHN1cLe

Hello,

As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best possible customer experience, we have implemented additional restrictions for Textbook products. Effective 2/26/2024, you will not be able to list the affected products, and your listings will be removed. This action does not impact your account health.

How do I reinstate my listings?

You are not approved to list Textbook products and we are currently not accepting applications.

Were your listings removed as a result of an error?

If you believe your products have been misclassified within a certain category or sub-category that requires approval, please contact Selling Partner Support with evidence, such as product pictures, to support this claim. Amazon will review your claim and make a final determination that will ensure the best shopping experience for our customers.

What happens if I do not take action?

If no action is taken, the affected listings will not be available for sale in the Amazon store.

Can I sell my remaining FBA inventory?

If you have remaining inventory of the affected products in Amazon fulfillment centers, you may continue selling your remaining inventory until 2/26/2024. After this date, you will need to create a removal order. For help in creating a removal order, see the following Seller Central help page:

We're here to help

For more information about products that require approval, search for Categories and Products Requiring Approval in Seller Central, or see:

Sincerely, Seller Performance Team

Tags: Product removal
76 replies
76 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_WtOwWhtSrFjva
In reply to: Seller_CRAHk6FHN1cLe's post

I am sorry this happened to you. They should give 6 months to a year to sell down FBA inventory. There was a change in the law for us and even though the law gave time to adjust, Amazon did not. Took down over 200 FBA listings. Cost me thousands.

user profile
Seller_1owLGKvtRED7E

I'm not trying to take Amazon's side here, but there is a possibility the textbook publishers issued a "cease and desist" to Amazon regarding used textbooks (I'm assuming any of the current stuff they sell).

Textbook publishers are notoriously greedy (and underhanded), so this is a distinct possibility. They sometimes make minor changes in a $200 textbook just so they can sell "new" editions. That's common in the textbook industry, so my guess is this is their request.

The short notice is ridiculous, but it's possible Amazon had no choice. They could, however, have explained it a bit better.

user profile
Seller_sf7n3yFWUED8F

I stopped selling expensive textbooks on Amaon a long time ago. Too many big TB dealers ordered my product then returned a trashed copy of the same title. They have routinely been doing this for a long time as a way to upgrade their inventory at the expense of small sellers. Amazon turns a blind eye to these scammers. Now the crooks can only steal from each other. No problems with selling them on eBay.

user profile
Seller_PXU6EjWzANQwG

Just got an email from amazon saying the textbook removal email was an error. It's a little early for April fool jokes!

user profile
Seller_3Qs3rgPXjHzk7

Just received.

Hello,

The email you received on 02/26/2024, titled: "Important information about Textbook listings" was sent to you in error. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. There was no impact to your textbook listings.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_CRAHk6FHN1cLe @Seller_wKOo7rQGTosvt @Seller_1owLGKvtRED7E and all other sellers asking about the February 26 "additional restrictions for Textbook products" email:

As @Seller_3Qs3rgPXjHzk7 @Seller_PXU6EjWzANQwG and other sellers reported: some sellers were sent that email in error.

If you were one of the sellers who were not supposed to receive that email, you were sent a follow-up today explaining that "There was no impact to your textbook listings."

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_M9shKKdzd1TK8

Looks like AMZ was being sued:

[Moderator Edit: removed external URL]

user profile
Seller_O2cF991RJLC5B

Looks like I may be in the minority here but I also got ungated when everyone else did, went to upload all of the previously restricted books without issue only to find out later I got gated again.

The ungating for me lasted about 24 hours. Am I the only one?

user profile
Seller_oDXVaydIpi3Hi
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_kfDLkCHISwEAY

Moderator Edit: Removed Off-Topic Content

user profile
Seller_JcZedprwGDRBi

Don't be from Brazil. Check.