user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to relist product under registered brand?

by Seller_k4zpr6KpUnVmG

Attempting to create a new ASIN for an already listed product under the proper registered brand name as instructed by Amazon. The GTIN/UPC is used on the original ASIN and keeps forcing us onto that listing without the ability to use the registered brand name. The GTIN is ours from GS1.

How do we relist the product under our registered brand name?

Tags: Brand Registry, Brand Stores
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_0rXAME9V4LQSx
In reply to: Seller_k4zpr6KpUnVmG's post

You will probably need a new UPC code as well for a whole new listing that loses its rankings and reviews.

Its funny how they only give us one piece of info at a time. First its get brand registered and you can fix your listings. Then its no you still can't fix old listings you have to make a new ASIN. We haven't started on moving ASIN as we honestly believe the "need a new UPC code" will be amazons next solution as to why changing the ASIN didn't work.

Hopefully a mod will chime in with a different answer but I won't hold my breath.

user profile
Jim_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_k4zpr6KpUnVmG's post

Hi there @Seller_k4zpr6KpUnVmG

@Seller_0rXAME9V4LQSx was correct here in their initial statement.

Let's say your brand name is X but you list your product as Generic initially. The initial UPC code you listed with is tied to the product branded under Generic in the Amazon system and not brand X.

As complete rebranding's are not allowed per our Product Detail Rules, a new UPC will be needed as well as a new listing as the product has changed since the brand is different.

You are free to sell through all of your current inventory prior to listing the new product so that no removals are necessary.

I know that's a lot so if I need to clarify further, please let me know!

-Jim

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post