New Seller Community

452538 members
1994 discussions
You are not a member of this group
user profile

SKUs items not received in a Mixed SKU package

by Seller_pboSt380wjZ1m
in New Seller Community group

I am new to amazon selling. I recently shipped a case with mixed SKUs. I packed them in one case. Only 3 out of 5 Skus are received. Unfortunately, the missing SKUs have the most items. One has 5 and the other has 11. I have submitted a case for this. I am wondering how long I should expect to wait and how likely I am going to get my items back. As said, I am new to amazon selling and just want to test the water. However the loss will be like more than $400 already without counting the shipping fee I have to pay to ship to amazon. I still do not understand why some skus are received while some are lost when they are actually packed in one single case.

Thank you so much for your help!!

Tags: Inventory, Missing
2 replies
2 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX
In reply to: Seller_pboSt380wjZ1m's post

There are a lot of reasons why products shipped to FBA go missing, and a lot of it is centered around on Jeff Bezos's hire-to-fire employment practices. Amazon employees don't make mistakes. If they do and it costs Amazon money, it can knock a week off of the employment with the company. Amazon will only reimburse what you paid for the product as shown on your commercial manufacturer's invoice.

But, there is a better question to ask.

Did you test sell your products for at least a month or so using FBM? That way you know the salability of the product and the profit you expect to derive before deciding to use FBA. Smart sellers do this. You will know if the products can withstand all the fees Amazon will collect and still have your desired profit remaining.

"... I am new to amazon selling and just want to test the water. "

Remember, you are not testing out FBA. you are testing out the selling of the product and how much profit you can realize.

When you sell FBM you control all costs and profit. Amazon is paid only one commission per sale.

When selling FBA, Amazon's fees are ALWAYS taken from your unearned profits, sale or no sale. Many sellers often find that using FBA, Amazon sucks out all of a buyer's profit, and they can't seem to understand what went wrong.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post