user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyers are told by Amazon order is delayed or lost for orders that are shipped in USPS Standard Mail envelopes.

by Seller_7STxzA93KoQVs

I am constantly being told by buyers that Amazon is saying their order is lost or delayed when using Standard Mail Envelope. I ship all of my orders out on time and in some instances, the orders are delivered and buyers still receive these messages.

eBay offers a tracking service for standard mail envelopes. Why can't Amazon do the same? It's unreal that a billion dollar company can't match the tech of eBay. It's also ridiculous that their system's can't at least send a better message to buyers saying how their order is arriving.

Does anyone have any insight to this?

@Quincy_Amazon

@Troy_Amazon

@Rose_Amazon

@Steve_Amazon

@priscilla_amazon

@Topher_Amazon

@Jim_Amazon

@Danika_Amazon

@Dougal_Amazon

@Cooper_Amazon

Tags: Lost shipment, Packaging, Seller fulfilled, Shipping, USPS
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl
In reply to: Seller_7STxzA93KoQVs's post

Amazon has been doing that for a long time. You are not going to get them to stop.

user profile
Seller_HT5ZzvPEHI4v5

I have the same situation. We ship some items using Amazon's USPS Standard Mail Envelope, which is stamped mail. This is allowed under Amazon policy for items prices under $10. We're constantly getting messages from buyers saying they haven't received the item because their shipping status says item is late but on its way, or the item is lost.

How can we fix this?

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

yup this ain't eBay, eBay did that to help US sellers compete with China, Amazon wont.

user profile
Seller_YvPJcV8cv0Kiu

IC3.gov | usps.com - (when you say standard envelopes: I hope you are using Ground Advantage, this is now a $100.00 Free Insurance like Priority) - if you are not then, you should start to. _ All the how to get free Amazon items, Videos are outdated, the USPS has been refunding these, but there needs to be a paper trail, Start with the IC3 - and include all parties who are involved, and allowing this to continue. - eBay has seller protection, Amazon has VOC - Voice of the Customer, oh and don't get me started on the SSA *** Amazon's - Shipping Settings Automation! The funny thing is the abbrevation is better if you look in your rear-view mirror.

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

How would amazon even know if it is delayed? More interesting though, were they correct?

user profile
Seller_xlf3vF516IRli

whats worse is not only ebay, but etsy offers this service too. i have access to the usps servers as a business, but apparently Amazon cant figure it out. ive been usong the same tracking as ebay and etsy for 2 years now. 90% of the time the customer is lying because it shows me the scans proving them wrong. only on amazon do i have a 3% fail rate for delivery. on etsy its under .1%. POINT ONE PERCENT. on ebay it's 0.

today had an angry lemming furious because her order isnt late yet, she didnt get it prime, and theres no tracking. tracking shows its 30 min from her today. Amazon says to be delivered by Saturday. Angry lemmings will lemming. you can take the hits, refund them and move on, or do what i do and suggest they are unnecessarily upset over a made up situation by Amazons antiquated tracking system. well see how it plays out tomorrow when tracking updates to delivered. lol.

user profile
Seller_LTNvvFJ2jqJOv

Standard mail doesnt really fly on Amazon, eBay set up tracking for that stuff to help US sellers compete with China. Amazon didn't

user profile
KJ_Amazon

@Seller_7STxzA93KoQVs

Hello from the Forums. Thank you for sharing those reports of problems with tracking-exempt shipments.

We are working with our partner team to escalate that feedback and find a solution for sellers (and buyers) experiencing this issue.

For any sellers who want more information about tracking-exempt orders, I included the help page link below.

Valid tracking rate FAQ

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post