user profile
Sign in
user profile

Upcoming restriction of sales on plumbing equipment to the state of California

by News_Amazon

We have updated compliance requirements for certain plumbing equipment products sold to buyers in the state of California.

The California Energy Commission (CEC) requires that certain products sold into California meet minimum efficiency standards and product registration requirements. Information on the CEC efficiency standards and affected products are available on the CEC website.

The CEC maintains an online Modernized Appliance Efficiency Database System (MAEDbS). Affected products must meet efficiency standards and must be registered in the MAEDbS with accurate information, including the brand name, manufacturer name, and model numbers.

Effective February 14, 2022, Amazon will restrict the sale of plumbing equipment to the state of California that we have determined are not registered in the MAEDbS. Please ensure that any plumbing equipment products you may sell on Amazon.com, that could potentially be in scope of such a restriction, are properly registered with the CEC in the MAEDbS after logging in to the database. Make sure the same information is updated in your Amazon detail page by going to Manage Inventory, and be sure the information matches that of the CEC database exactly. For more information, go to Update your listing.

For additional details on products requiring MAEDbS registration, go to the California Energy Comission (CEC) help page.

Tags: News and Announcements
3.9K views
150 replies
150 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_T5Mv3ZCUSh7Zl
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

It might be time for Amazon to exclude California from Amazon.com and give them their own little Amazon Marketplace like what Amazon did for Mexico with Amazon.mx?
This is just getting stupid.

user profile
Seller_RxTyqBmpWLFi1

Yes, that is California’s biggest problem right now. Bad plumbing parts.

user profile
Seller_jZWpyInw8RkYT

I vote for Amazon Cali.

user profile
Seller_fGluy2Rns9Cfx

While New York leads the country in terms of per capita government debt, at $18,411 per person, California , the most populous state, has the largest amount of total debt, at $507 billion. Conversely, Wyoming has both the lowest amount of total and per capita debt, at about $2 billion or $3,437 per person.

user profile
Seller_AwIx6UvdQBJE1
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_TFn2mweQgycRZ

California is the WORST state for this type of nonsense. We now only have low water washing machines that do NOT clean our clothes. I now have to wash my clothes with soap in the largest size water cycle, the wash again with the fabric softener, then wash again to rinse. With barely any water nothing comes clean and nothing gets rinsed well. Clothing comes out crunchy unless you wash and rinse them multiple times.

Tell me again how this is more water and energy efficient than old washing machines???

user profile
Seller_xeDdQgRH5VZwO

Somehow the Pokemon Card I sell is going to be flagged as Plumbing Equipment because the Pokemon is a Water Type.

user profile
Seller_bnRioQKaPDDyH

CA…not surprised…if I could turn off ALL sales to CA I’d be very happy…

user profile
Seller_fGluy2Rns9Cfx

Imagine if Amazon turned off sales to CA for 1 week.

Voters would lose their sheet!

Maybe that would make elected officials think twice.

user profile
Seller_ZMQqvBsWfSwrF

Attention all booksellers - Please be alerted to the incoming ban on all books that relate to Plumbing, piping, PVC, plungers.

All books that contain images that could be confused for plumbers crack.

All books related to DIY tips and tricks that may reference using a plumbob.

All books related to the ancient study of metallurgy, specifically using the latin term plumbum.

All Rick and Morty references to plumbus, including toys, posters, and other paraphernalia.

All fishing gear related to weights and lures, specifically lead.

Go to original post