user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Mexico market

by Seller_3lRNSNksNXaJH

I received a charge tonight on my credit card for Amazon MX, so I logged into seller central and see that I've been enrolled in the Mexico market in my global accounts section. Why did this happen? I've had international markets opted out for months because I only want USA (Amazon.com). I quickly put Mexico on vacation mode so there are no active listings. Is there a way to decline Mexico now that Amazon has automatically enrolled me in that market? I just don't want to sell there, nor do I want to pay the fees.

Tags: Billing
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_HyTJnXlbiPw8C
In reply to: Seller_3lRNSNksNXaJH's post

I am in the same situation , I 'v been enrolled in the Mexico Market tonight and I cannot find any information how to close my Amazon Mexico Store. I sell FBA and there is no way I can change Mexico account from professional to individual . It would be nice to get a proffesional answer how to opt out or close Amazon Mexico Store .

user profile
Seller_UE69LnAkLdjC4

Similar situation as OP (Dapper_Fanatic) and lamont.

Amazon warned me NOT to close the Mexico account, as it would close them all (re: their warning at bottom).

Our resolution was: Put Mexico on Vacation (thanks to Dapper_Fanatic for posting this first). Also, verified that Unified accounts shouldn't be charged twice (need to go check the card to be sure).

(NEW TODAY) I noticed some stranded listings today that required me to put a price in for Mexico before I set all listings to Vacation on that marketplace, even though there were 0 listings showing as live there.

Our account context: FBA since 2009. We also have a Unified Account with US and Mexico in it.

We correctly opted out of Remote Fulfillment By FBA months ago, and that page still shows that we are Not Enrolled for Canada and Mexico.

Last night, Amazon "did something" that turned on Mexico as a 2nd store in the store-picker at top left of seller central login. Your guess is as good as mine whether the update had to do with Remote Fulfillment By FBA or not. It could be totally unrelated.

Fix path (process shared with mods as feedback):

Five or six "Can't chat now because stuff is broken, try again later" fails, four disconnected-mid-calls with support, and one successful chat with "S" that directed me to make a case in the Mexico account to close it, because that would assuredly not damage our US business, the Mexico support stopped me with this popup:

Resolve Your Issue

We’ve received your request to close your account in one of the marketplaces. Unfortunately, account closure will close the account in all the marketplaces.If you do not wish to continue selling on one of the marketplaces, you can choose to put the account in vacation status. For more information please refer the Help Page: <URL for Vacation Status Help removed>.

Best of luck to everyone working on this, hope your days go well!

user profile
Seller_hLH0bAcCwYcos

Same happened to me. Received an alert from my credit card that a charge from "Amazon- MEXICO" had been charged today, and I was about to call the fraud dept to have them cancel my card! I never signed up for Amazon MEXICO market, and specifically opted out of CA and MX 2 months ago. Yet here I am with a mexico market listed, starting today, without my permission, or knowledge. I only want to sell in the USA as I have been doing for 15 years.

I guess I will put the Mexico account on "vacation" mode as others have stated, and hopefully the charges will stop. From these posts, it would be absolutely TERRIFYING if I closed the MX account, and it closed my USA account as well. I didn't sign up for this. But will putting the Mexico Account (which I never signed up for), on vacation mode, stop them from selling my FBA items on there? When I put my USA account on Vacation mode, IT STILL SELLS my FBA items. I don't want to sell on Amazon Mexico AT ALL. My business is too small, and 2 countries is WAY too much for me to keep up with right now. USA ONLY, please.

user profile
Seller_52pUzzgnsLDGs

I don't remember if this is the process I used or not, but I was having a problem with Amazon FBA shipping my products to Mexico. Then they were ALWAYS claimed as not received so Amazon would refund out of my account as if I were the fool who shipped there and the people got to keep both the product and the money. I don't ship to Mexico on my own and did not want Amazon to ship my products there either. So, now Mexico has completely disappeared from my North America account. I think the instructions below are what I used. I do not trust putting the store on vacation and I don't think people should give that advice.

Here's what I have in my files:

Hello from Amazon Selling Partner Support,

I'm happy to help you with your request to remove the connection between your source and target store.

To remove connection and to stop synchronization, follow these steps:

Note: You must individually remove connections for each target store, one at a time.

1. Go to the Build International Listings (BIL) tool.

2. From the list, navigate to the left-hand side of the page and select the target store you want to disconnect.

3. After selecting the target store, navigate to the right-hand side of the page and click "Remove Connection" link at the bottom of the "Connection settings" widget.

4. From the pop-up window, choose to keep or delete your offers in the target store after the connection has been removed.

- If you choose to keep offers in the target store, they will remain in the store but their prices will not be synchronized with offers in the source store. You must maintain these offers manually.

- If you choose to delete offers from the target store, only offers connected with the source store will be deleted. All other offers will remain. It can take up to four hours before the offers are deleted from the target store. You cannot undo this action.

5. Click "Remove Connection" to confirm your choice and remove the connection.

6. Repeat "Steps 1-5" if there are additional target stores that require removal of Build International Listings connections.

To learn more, go to "Remove a connection using Build International Listings":

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G202121660?referral=A99FB6FN65NYY_ARWW92I7BXB9V

user profile
Seller_yKyNAFUAfQWLG

Same. Mexico fees just popped up on my credit card a few months ago. I keep opening up tickets trying to see what's going on. They get transferred, then eventually closed with no response. SMH! I actually opened up a fraud report via my CC company. I was told by one Amazon rep (before transferring) that the Mexico fee should be subtracted from the regular $39.99 fee for my Seller account. However, that doesn't seem to be the case. Still trying to figure out what's going on here.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post