user profile
Sign in
user profile

Quoting in the New Forum Experience

by Tatiana_Amazon

Do you want to quote one or more forum members in a reply post? To quote someone:

• Highlight a sentence or part of a post
  • Click the “Quote” button that pops up automatically

The quote will now be visible in a reply window, where you can complete your reply post.

Have you used this feature yet? Tell us what you think!

See the Seller Forums FAQs for additional details about the forums.

Tags: Quick tips
45 replies
45 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG
In reply to: Tatiana_Amazon's post

Doesn't work on a Tablet FYI like an Ipad.

So there should be another way to access this feature.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Doesn't work. Nothing pops up to quote.

There should be a code we can use to quote. If you can provide the code, that will be helpful.

Device: Laptop

Also, the " @ " doesn't work for many users, as you can see below.

@Tatiana_Amazon

PLEASE get someone to reset the Default view to NEWEST. Sick of seeing the same useless threads over and over.

user profile
Tatiana_Amazon

Hey @Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy!

I'm going to tackle this in parts!

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
Show post

Doesn't work. Nothing pops up to quote.

There should be a code we can use to quote. If you can provide the code, that will be helpful.

Device: Laptop

This post has been updated by its author since it was quoted here.

Can you share what browser you're using? Have you cleared cache/cookies recently?

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
Show post

Also, the " @ " doesn't work for many users, as you can see below.

@Tatiana_Amazon

We have you on a list of a small set of Sellers who are being impacted by this issue. Our development team is actively working on it. Now that you've brought it up to me, I'm going to keep a close eye and will keep you updated as we work through this issue.

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
Show post
PLEASE get someone to reset the Default view to NEWEST. Sick of seeing the same useless threads over and over.

Great feedback! I have taken note of this feedback back to our development team. However, I cannot guarantee changes will be made. I did want to note though that from the home screen, you can toggle to "Newest" instead of viewing "Recommended" as seen in the screenshot below. You can also follow the highlighted link from that page to update your preferences to improve the quality of recommended threads you are seeing.

Tatiana

user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG

user profile
Tatiana_Amazon
Show post
Our development team is actively working on it.

They could have left well enough alone. Then they could work on real important issues.

user profile
Seller_kNAboD6kRgVt7

For me the quote/copy part works fine, but puts it in after my reply, so may not look like that is what I'm replying to. I cannot put my cursor below this quote.

user profile
Tatiana_Amazon
Show post

The quote will now be visible in a reply window, where you can complete your reply post.

user profile
Seller_kNAboD6kRgVt7

(Enter)

Hitting "enter" just pushes everything down a line.

I tried hitting it before hitting "reply" and after and... I'll ask @Seller_FWnPbarr2qec1 how to do it. He likes "important issues." <insert wink emoji>

user profile
Tatiana_Amazon
Show post
Just hit "enter" and your cursor will appear below the quoted text so you can continue typing your post.
user profile
Seller_kNAboD6kRgVt7

user profile
Tatiana_Amazon
Show post
Use your cursor to click below the quote in the empty part of the text box first

Got it, thanks for hanging in there with me.

user profile
Seller_EkbLZUYSpmJEy

user profile
Seller_AXC06kcsKI1qG
Show post
user profile
Seller_kNAboD6kRgVt7
Show post
user profile
Tatiana_Amazon
Show post

The way we prefer to use Quote is to quote the text and allow the quote to open the reply box as we have done here. In doing so, the Notification link for the quote will take it to the quote when the person being quoted uses their Notification link to view. As you can see, we can quote a period and it serves as a tag to you ( ... we can quote a period faster than we can type @ with the names ). Using the Quote to open the reply box also means the post will be in line direct to the OP's thread and not nested.

Hitting the reply button first and then quoting, nests the reply. The Notification will then link to the post you replied to and the person being notified has to click the Show "X" replies link to see the reply. Not bad if it is the first reply ... but if you have several replies ... well then it is go fish time.

@Tatiana_Amazon ... suggestion for next time ... use the standard red color when you draw the box around the item you wish to draw attention to. The eye tends to skip over the color black.

user profile
Seller_1XRSgCuIlppbp

Same here. When I read posts with the quote below, it is confusing. The quote should always come first.

user profile
Seller_kNAboD6kRgVt7
Show post
I cannot put my cursor below this quote.
user profile
Seller_1XRSgCuIlppbp

user profile
Seller_kNAboD6kRgVt7
Show post
Got it, thanks for hanging in there with me.

aha. So that's how its done.

Go to original post