user profile
Sign in
user profile

Selling in Canada and Mexico just got easier

by News_Amazon

To simplify cross-border selling, we’ve created a Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program that lets you fulfill orders in Canada and Mexico with your US FBA inventory. Remote Fulfillment with FBA saves you the trouble of managing multi-country inventory, cross-border logistics, and import duties.

After you create offers in Canada and Mexico, we make them Prime eligible and fulfill orders to customers in those countries.

Here’s how it works:

1. Any offer you create on Amazon.ca or Amazon.com.mx automatically pulls from your US inventory, unless the item is already in a fulfillment center in Canada or Mexico. We’ll let you know which ASINs are eligible.
  2. Customers pay import duties as part of the purchase price.
  3. Amazon ships your orders directly to customers in Canada and Mexico.

Don’t miss this great opportunity to expand internationally. To enroll in the program, go to Remote Fulfillment with FBA. For more information, including details on additional fees, visit our Help page.

If you are not an FBA seller, you can find information and sign up by visiting Help grow your business with Fulfillment by Amazon.

Tags: News and Announcements
9.7K views
117 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
Ale_Amazon
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

Hello all,

Please see below for responses to some of the most common questions posted on this thread.

1. Are we exempted from the requirement to have a location in those countries to handle the returns? Response - Yes. Returns go directly back to the US and are subject to the FBA customer returns policy.
  2. And if the returns do in fact get sent back to the US, how much extra will it cost? Response: There is not a program specific fee for returns. Returns go directly back to the US and are subject to the FBA customer returns policy.
  3. Who pays for return shipping when buyer wants to return? Response - Returns go directly back to the US and are subject to the FBA customer returns policy.
  4. Cost difference in FBA fees? Response For details about program fees, visit Remote Fulfillment with FBA fees.
  5. Are returns handled the same way as US FBA? Are we charged for return shipping to FBA? Response - Yes, returns go directly back to the US and are subject to the FBA customer returns policy.
  6. With the Inventory being warehoused from US, how quickly does quantity get deducted from .com if a .ca or .mx order comes through , or is there a possibility of overselling that we’d somehow be responsible for? Response - Quantity wil be deducted instantly. Overselling is not possible.
  7. It was invite only. Despite amazon recruiting us for international all the time I didn’t get invite. If you don’t mind me asking have you seen a sales increase? If so what %? how much higher can you list things on other marketplaces ? Finally, any other important things to keep in mind? Response – Based on what we see with Sellers who have been using the program, sales volumes tend to increase with engagement in the program, meaning Sellers who actively manage their offer pricing, utilize sponsored ads, and make sure catalog content is high quality, tend to see higher sales than those who simply enroll. Actual performance is dependent on multiple inputs including price, selection, catalog quality, etc.
  8. Will they ever make this offer for fulfilled by merchant? Will Amazon still be collecting taxes on the sellers behalf? Response - When customers buy products through Remote Fulfillment, they take title in the US, are the importer of record, and must pay any import duties, taxes, and fees when the products arrive in Canada or Mexico. Amazon simplifies this process by estimating the amount that will be due (the import fees deposit) and adding it to the amount the customer pays at checkout. The customer authorizes international carriers that partner with Amazon to pay this amount to Canadian or Mexican authorities on their behalf.
  9. Excellent news, I am starting my e-commerce with Amazon and I would love to expand the reach of my products outside the US borders. Thank you very much for help us to grow our business! Response - Wish you all the best, selling on Amazon and internationally.
  10. PSA: Amazon bills the “seller” a Currency Transaction Fee on top of all the regular fees. Be sure that you know what you are paying for. Response The program charges a high fulfillment fee than for a local FBA sale, to cover the added costs of fulfilling across the border. You can see the program fees at Remote Fulfillment with FBA fees.
  11. Theme - Requirement to be in NARF Any requirements to setup taxes, business license, etc. in Canada and Mexico? Response - For liability reasons, we can’t tell you your business’ requirements. However, this should provide you with the information you need to determine the right answer for your business. Do I need to file taxes in Canada or Mexico? Do I need a Registro Federal de Contribuyentes (RFC) number for Mexico or to become a non-resident importer (NRI) for Canada? When customers buy products through Remote Fulfillment, they take title in the US, are the importer of record, and must pay any import duties, taxes, and fees when the products arrive in Canada or Mexico. Amazon simplifies this process by estimating the amount that will be due (the import fees deposit) and adding it to the amount the customer pays at checkout. The customer authorizes international carriers that partner with Amazon to pay this amount to Canadian or Mexican authorities on their behalf.
  12. As a seller of long tail mdse, I find that FBA does not work well for me. Also, when I ship myself, I find that the delivery issues to Mexico are too common. I gave up on both of those markets for all intent and purpose. mdgsame here. usps packages are legit get lost for months and there’s ALWAYS some issue with DHL. awful! Response - Amazon ships the packages to the end customer and is responsible for the delivery and the return of the product.
  13. Account Issues This selling account cannot enroll in Remote Fulfillment with FBA because: Your account was enrolled, but no offers were createdResponse - As part of enrollment you must create offers in the marketplace or even though you are enrolled in the program nothing will be available for sale. We have made offer creation easy with auto-listing creation, where you can automatically create all you offers in Canada and Mexico with a single click during the enrollment process.
  14. Does this require me to have a valid Mexican or Canadian Bank account, or can I continue using my current U.S. banking info for international orders? Response - You can assign your existing Amazon.com charge and deposit methods to Canada and Mexico. If you want to use a different method for either marketplace, contact Seller Support to alert them that you are making this change. This can help avoid any disruption in your account that could be caused by our fraud protection mechanisms. Also, you can have the proceeds from sales in Canada and Mexico deposited into your US bank using the [Amazon Currency Converter for Sellers]
  15. I am confused by this as well. Do they mean SKU or FNKSU? We have multiple products that are fulfilled both via FBA and MF which have individual FNSKU even though it is the same ASIN. We would not want our FNSKU that are MF deactivated just to have the FBA versions enabled for Canada and Mexico. Ever since March of this year our MF volume has been much, much higher and shipping has been more reliable when Merchant Fulfilled. Response - The same ASINs can be sold through Seller Fulfilled and FBA at the same time as long as they use different SKUs. The same SKU cannot be used to sell through Seller Fulfilled and FBA at the same time if you enroll in this program.
  16. I believe they take the import duties out of the sellers cost. So you need to build the import duties into the cost of the item. Response - Customers, not sellers, pay import duties on items bought through Remote Fulfillment. https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/G5P3CDUHZWSZLXLB

Thank you all for the great questions!

Regards,
Alejandro

Jump to reply
117 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_fGluy2Rns9Cfx

Very interested, but wondering about labeling requirements and restrictions, for human and animal consumables.

user profile
Seller_coKQLyQNTiGPe

We’ve been a using this for some time. Was it just invite only before or something?

user profile
Seller_2sSWhvyZsq56v

Customers pay import duties as part of the purchase price?

So if they buy on Amazon.mx & Amazon.ca and in those countries THEY PAY??

That would not make me a happy buyer

user profile
Seller_Jf1687Tdz2VvQ

A few notes about this program… you are charged higher fulfillment fees. Depending on what you sell only a small fraction might be eligible. Out of 500 skus we have maybe 100 eligible for CA and 15 eligible for MX. Even then your inventory has to be in a FC that works with this program which will further limit what is available. Other than that it’s just extra sales and no issues that I have come across after a few months in this program.

user profile
Seller_zzrWBZ1N0jY7C

What about accounting issues Taxes or Vat things?

user profile
Seller_EaXxdawRo2l6o

Imagine how much more your quarterly earrings could be if you also expedited seller fulfilled orders globally in this way from the .com
Just a thought

user profile
Seller_XFj8akGqahG0f

Wouldn’t it be easier for amazon to just extend INR coverage for Canada and Mexico when item is shipped within stated time? They wrap it with FBA so they can garner more money…nothing really for the seller noly for amazon!

user profile
Seller_uxkChTRIkE0Gg

It seems this is not available to oversized products. is that true?

user profile
Seller_jTjh2jXjnhBi8

Questions:

1. Cost difference in FBA fees?
  2. Are returns handled the same way as US FBA? Are we charged for return shipping to FBA?
  3. With the Inventory being warehoused from US, how quickly does quantity get deducted from .com if a .ca or .mx order comes through? Instantly, or is there a possibility of overselling that we’d somehow be responsible for?
user profile
Seller_h3ehexTdo3oGW

What does this mean?

This selling account cannot enroll in Remote Fulfillment with FBA because:

• Your account was enrolled, but no offers were created
Go to original post