user profile
Sign in
user profile

Fair Pricing on older stock

by Seller_2tJwOwAJ8DJmD

I primarily sell books on Amazon. I ran a sale on my older stock that hasn’t moved in 6 months. Did a 10% off sale and business was great and then Amazon nixed 1/4 of my listings due to fair pricing. What am I supposed to do to get rid of old stock and how is a price being too low a problem for the customer? Wouldn’t that be a good thing? What am I supposed to do here?

Tags: Compliance, Listing deactivated, Pricing
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp
In reply to: Seller_2tJwOwAJ8DJmD's post

Search the Forum for all the book sellers that are having problems on here.

For most one of the top answers is to sell elsewhere with many going to eBay.

Hopefully you aren't doing FBA and are stuck with all those fees.

Additionally, have you put in min/max pricing? That helps sometimes!

user profile
Seller_nRFmxiQg4EGrw

I've seen High Price alerts many times; but the only time I've seen Low Price alerts was when I priced it lower than the Min price that was set in my listing.

A Low Price alert is supposed to kick in when your pricing is so low that you'll not cover the fees, but I've had more than once where I mis-typed a price and Amazon didn't object.

user profile
Seller_gOEI26HVe3ja4

This is just a protection for you. In case there was a pricing error. Go to price alerts / pricing health (top right from manage all inventory). Adjust the minimum price to below the intended price you want to do.

user profile
Seller_eHDeZehs2xN72

I remembered getting notified my item was too low in price and I was not comfortable with what Amazon wanted me to list for so I let the item remain "off" Amazon and listed on another platform. Sadly, I have to list on 6 different platforms to remain competitive.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post