user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS delayed delivery date of multiple packages

by Seller_sE2MEe1bDntbT

I have multiple packages shipped through USPS within the past 7 days or so with status…

“Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.”

Some packages indicating “Out for Delivery-awaiting Scan” since January 4th. I don’t really babysit my shipments and understand that things happen and there will be shipping delays every now and then but I just find it strange that this is so rampant all of a sudden with almost all the packages I have sent lately. Packages sent First class to customer in my own state being delivered 7 -8 days later.

Example of tracking on one of the packages below, I’m starting to wonder if the package has already been delivered without being scanned? or worst lost at this point. I have Called the local post office multiple times to check on its status but No one picks up.

January 5, 2019, 2:16 am
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of January 5, 2019, 2:16 am. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.
January 4, 2019, 12:16 pm
Out for Delivery
LITTLETON, CO 80128
January 4, 2019, 12:06 pm
Sorting Complete
LITTLETON, CO 80128
January 4, 2019, 4:22 am
Arrived at Post Office
LITTLETON, CO 80127
January 4, 2019, 12:45 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
DENVER CO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 4, 2019, 12:30 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
DENVER CO DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 3, 2019, 10:56 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility
DENVER CO NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER
January 2, 2019, 8:39 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
TETERBORO NJ DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Tags: Shipping, USPS
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz
In reply to: Seller_sE2MEe1bDntbT's post

It’s the holiday hangover, where the massive volume of packages USPS processes manifests itself into problems for both shippers and receivers.

There’s a good chance that the tracking info you posted is for a package that has been delivered if the carrier failed to scan it. If this is a problem, create a case with USPS regarding the matter. If you have other packages with problems, start cases with those as well.

We have worked through all the pre-Xmas cases with USPS and are down to one. The buyer purchased expedited shipping and the item shipped on 12/20/2018. It still has not reached its destination, but is very close. The problem occurred when the carrier incorrectly forwarded the package because a prior resident at the home had a change of address on file. Kudos to the buyer for being patient and understanding, but USPS is really pissing me off on this one…

user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy

Since no one is picking up the phone in Littleton, CO - send them a fax (Google: FaxZero), with the tracking number.

Explain you are an Amazon seller (USPS depends on Amazon) and that carriers need to scan all parcels at Delivery Time.

Explain, when parcels are not scanned, Amazon sellers are dinged for a non-delivery.

Bottom line, keep mentioning Amazon, when you write to them. That usually sinks in, since USPS depends highly on Amazon shipments.

They will not be able to scan or mark your parcel as delivered, since it has more than likely, already been delivered, but at least, you will be making one more USPS post office aware of the fact, that USPS needs Amazon and that carriers must scan parcels, at delivery time.

user profile
Seller_9I26CpItIyjcn

As silly as it sounds, go into the tracking for them, enter your phone number ot get text updates and sometimes within 24-48 hours that will shake em loose.

I know it sounds nuts but a USPS person told us this once and it has actually worked before on many occasions.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post