user profile
Sign in
user profile

Listing Hijacker Killed Our $200K/yr Business

by Seller_dfMqjyc4qy2tk

Update on 08/30/2018.
The highjack’s postigr feedbacks drop to 61% and still alive. Amazon did nothing to stop this cheater. Very disappointing.

I am a new seller to Amazon platform and waiting for USPTO to get back to our trademark. But a listing hijacker from China is stealing our business by selling fraud items. It takes really long to get a international shipping from China for test buy. Any ideas how to counterplay this fraud?

Tags: Fees, Listing hijack, Listings
6.5K views
127 replies
127 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_bWU6w5XvXmIfs
In reply to: Seller_dfMqjyc4qy2tk's post

Don’t worry, based on his feedback I would expect him to be gone soon.

user profile
Seller_JAxkgomv0zj34

This seller will be gone soon, but will come back with a new Seller ID… If your items are profitable, you will have the highjacking issue forever… Trademark will not stop the highjacking…

user profile
Seller_VFwh6ozqjZmWX

Honestly is there a way to create a randomly generated number (there’s websites that do this for free) and you print the code on a 3x5 card and include it with the product you ship and if amazon wants you to give a review you have to type in the code? That’s what I would do. Would that work?

user profile
Seller_yZr9zLoP1gqID

I have been selling on Amazon for over 9 years and this problem has gotten MUCH worse in the past 2 years. I have thought long and hard about it, and I think I have the best solution. If product reviews were linked to the seller that they purchased from that would solve the issue of customers thinking the bad reviews are your item. It, presumably, would be clear that there are good reviews on one sellers items and bad reviews on another sellers (same-ish) item. Amazon wont do this because they still seem to think that everyone is truly selling identical items when in reality there is a full spectrum of good and crap out there.

I think that if a group of sellers got together we might be able to make some louder noise than individually.

user profile
Seller_M04MjNuWAA1Xz

Some sellers have engaged in a tit for tat approach with both sellers using feedback/review services to buy loads of fake reviews/feedbacks targeted at their competition. Of the obvious fake review/feedback services I have seen, those that drip feed the fake reviews/feedbacks appear to be more successful.

|| SEAmod removed inappropriate comments ||

user profile
Seller_VFwh6ozqjZmWX

Someone give this website a check. It’s a random number generator. I’m thinking like a CD key for a computer game someone HAS to provide the number when they give the review…

https://www.random.org/

user profile
Seller_TZikrZSW5zlT8

Once you trademark and get brand registered, you can blow these guys up. Simply go to the brand registry support and open an infringement claim against the seller. poof gone. Any they can’t get it lifted unless YOU lift it.

user profile
Seller_OtMUVcegIB3Hd

If Amazon has the ability I wish they would remove all complaints, reports, product reviews and any feedback associated to the banned seller, because of the lasting damage they leave behind.

Good Luck… wait for the Trademark before you go full throttle so you can fully protect your brand.

user profile
Seller_hege6ZQitqQNv
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_Zw8LsZUQSH440

I find it really interesting that in spite of several articles dealing with listing hijacking in publications such as the WSJ and Forbes, there is no impact on AMZN sales or valuation. The ultimate Teflon corporation…

Go to original post