user profile
Sign in
user profile

Receiving random Amazon security codes via text message

by Seller_hQPv7vQaR6V3v

I just received a random Amazon security code via text message. No one is trying to log in to my seller account (I’m already logged in). Does this mean someone is trying to hack my account and does it mean they already have my (very complex) password? Do I report this to Amazon somewhere? This has happened before and I ignored it but now I’ve made myself nervous. (Also having my first zero sales day in YEARS today.)

Tags: INR (item not received)
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_8Wfpcf6cHQaPy
In reply to: Seller_hQPv7vQaR6V3v's post

If you received the text message, that means you are safe. It does happen, once in a while. I doubt they have your password, but never hurts to update, on a regular basis.

Check all your account settings, bank, credit card, email addresses, etc… and if you are a Pro seller, check your User Permissions, for any unusual entries.

user profile
Seller_wCglRGzmL6Y0J

that can’t be a good thing.

user profile
Seller_9I26CpItIyjcn

Sounds like somebody has your password and is trying to log in. Change your password immediately and re-check all your baking and other information ASAP.

There are ways they can re-route your phone number and intercept the text messages so if they can do that before you change your password you could be in trouble.

user profile
Seller_hQPv7vQaR6V3v

so I called Amazon seller support:

1st call: couldn’t understand Amazon representative’s English, asked to be handed over to someone who has spoken English longer, he asked me to call back and open a new case

2nd call: next representative asked for a screenshot and did some research on Google and found that the SMS indeed came from Amazon and is an account used to provide shipping updates. I said that had nothing to do with my issue about receiving a strange security code. He said he would forward my case to Amazon’s security people for further investigation and “not to worry” it will never happen again. I replied that it is a feature of logging in to my account so how would I never receive it again? He said yes and repeated that he will forward my case to another department and that I will receive a survey about the call and please don’t hold it against him.

So I’m waiting to hear back and will update this when I do.

user profile
Seller_Zw8LsZUQSH440

Someone got hold of your password. Change it right now! If you shared that pass with other accounts, change them too.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post