user profile
Sign in
user profile

USPS Alert - Awaiting Delivery Scan

by Seller_p79tAvDjF3cYg

I am extremely concerned that several of my customers throughout July have been telling me they did not receive their orders. When I check their tracking numbers, USPS shows that the order was out for delivery that day, but then late that same night there is an Alert message that states the item has not been updated and it is awaiting a delivery scan. Funny thing is these all seemed to happen on July 13th, so it would seem this was an internal service-wide issue. Has this happened to anyone else?

Another concern is that I don’t know if the packages were really delivered or not, since Amazon will usually report to the customer that a package might be lost if the delivery status was not confirmed, and they could be taking advantage of this to either get a free product or a refund. What a mess.

Tags: Customer, Refunds
1.2K views
25 replies
25 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_OZxLb1V8uePG3
In reply to: Seller_p79tAvDjF3cYg's post

I am also concerned about this. I had this happen to me twice on ebay this month (never before in my years of selling), and would like to know if this is a new scam. Seems like it’s affecting Amazon sellers as well. Unfortunate.

user profile
Seller_uYKRFNCCZzkjD

I’m getting a couple of these as well. The one on Ebay is actually for an order that I placed. It came from NY to my local NC Distribution Center and got re-routed back to NY. The company that I ordered it from thinks I refused it.

An item I shipped “FIRST CLASS” a week ago on Amazon is still showing received in the distribution center every day since August 8th. I guess it will be In Transit FOREVER! Thank God the customer was understanding as I was able to send a replacement.

user profile
Seller_XKQCrvPFfXmgR

Yes, these issues are becoming more common for us too with USPS. I had USPS state the item was picked up by the buyer, when, it was not. ( Regular customer that orders all the time ) Anyway, call the local post office and they can give you a lot of information and in many cases find the package within a day or two. In the instance above, they had the package there at the local post office because there was a new carrier they were having trouble with and it was scanned wrong. I was able to let the customer know she could pick up the package or arrange another delivery.

Just go to USPS and put in the buyer’s zipcode and that should pull the closest post office. Call them and talk to the supervisor. You can also call the main 800 number and file a trace on the delivery…many times the local office calls back with delivery information. It helps combat some of the INRs.

user profile
Seller_B6Lp4rK6T07j9

Is it possible that NJ/PA and the North Have been hit with massive rain storms?

Many Towns have had flooding and could affect delivery, just a theory…

user profile
Seller_S2tUndox1JKON

Same here all in July! That is why I started to pay the extra money in getting insurance just in case costing me more shipping out replacements

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

I just checked the tracking on 50 randomly chosen orders from July 5th to August 10th. I had two instances of ‘out for delivery’ as the last entry. One of those was entered on July 13th.

I had no ‘awaiting delivery’ entries. I hope someone can use this data.

EDIT: The previous comments were based on Amazon data. When I looked at the tracking info on USPS.con, both were ‘Awaiting delivery scan’.

Those two ‘awaiting delivery scan’ entries were on July 13th and August 14th. ( FWIW, one was BPM, one was MM )

user profile
Seller_mhgPmhwLhlvcV

Call USPS local office about the issue. I had that happen only once a couple months ago. Submitted a ticket on USPS website and called destination office about the delivery update without confirmation. Already got ready if the buyer would complain non-delivery, but no message came from the buyer for two months. If the buyer did contact, I would forward the USPS update to them. The package was delivered according to USPS destination office but just no confirmation updated online.

user profile
Seller_Pat3Loys54reO

I had this happen once some time ago; I call USPS and gave them the tracking numbers and all was taken care of shortly. In my case, we had a different postman and he had scanned the items wrong.

user profile
Seller_zYZtZeIg2j7je

I’ve had the same issue. Unfortunately, Amazon and the customer are not always understanding.

user profile
Seller_EaXxdawRo2l6o

This happened to me a few months ago and the package has just disappeared into thin air. I thought maybe the agent deleted the scan info. I’ll be taking everything in myself from now on so I receive a receipt I can hang on to as proof of shipment.

Go to original post