user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon is re-issuing shipping tracking numbers and my claims are being REJECTED by USPS

by Seller_ynsRFL39IHvjg

I have had 2 Shipping Labels that I voided that have been REJECTED by USPS as "the label is moving through the system"...Both were issued on 26 November 2023 and voided that day as the items were out-of-stock and i ordered elsewhere to have delivered. I did a Refund Request on amazon and now have messages that they are REJECTED by USPS.

After getting them from my files and looking at them on the usps website, I see that both have been shipped from California in the last week and are now out for delivery FROM ANOTHER SELLER, I assume. My assumption is that Amazon (or USPS) is re-using the numbers but now, since they take a ridiculous 60 days to reimburse for these bought labels, they are re-using the same tracking number and then it looks like I have used the shipping label when i have them right here marked 'waiting on refund'.....Can they find yet another way to screw sellers over?? Anyone else seeing this issue? Should I expect ALL MY LABELS from Nov/Dec to end up the same way (I may have up to 40 or so)........

Any help/suggestions/guidance on this issue??

Frustrating, along with dealing with fraudulent returns, Paul.

Tags: Shipping labels
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Jameson_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_ynsRFL39IHvjg's post

Hi @Seller_ynsRFL39IHvjg,

Thank you for reaching out about this!

If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend opening a case with Seller Support so that team can take a further look into this situation. Once you open that case, please send me the case ID and I'd be happy to monitor the correspondence and provide additional assistance if needed.

Thanks again,

Jameson

user profile
Seller_IS2KTgMw62a2j

Thanks for reporting this! I just came across the same problem today. Buyer purchased an item from us, then asked us to ship to a different address than given through Amazon after we had already created a label. Based on previous transaction with buyer I am sure it was a gift purchase, not a fraud, but I wanted to stay within policy. I refunded the full purchase price within an hour or so, and the package was removed from outgoing mail. Label cancellation submitted.

This was Dec. 2.

Today, I got the postage refund rejection "The item is in the mailstream." Tracking shows the tracking number was created in San Francisco. We live in Indiana, and our buyer was in Michigan. Label was created Dec. 23.

I will create a Seller Support case @Jameson_Amazon

user profile
Seller_7towJOuApocQr

Hi,

Yes same issue here. I have had three like this in the past 4-6 weeks. I requested a refund for cancelled order and USPS rejected the refund since it was in transit. I didn't do anything about the first two as I figured it was a glitch and I didnt want to bother with it. Obviously an issue on Amazon or USPS side which needs to be addressed. I tried calling USPS number but of course got the run around and they couldn't connect me to anyone that could help. After some digging around I found a number that is supposed to deal with this but got voicemail. So I left a message and also got a email address I sent an email too. If anyone else wants to try calling or sending an email so they can get on top of this it would probably help. The number is 1-800-238-3150 and the email is amscd.ncsc (at) usps (dot) gov. If I hear anything back I will come back and update any info and will be submitting a ticket to Amazon as well.

Thanks

Dan

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post