user profile
Sign in
user profile

Requirement for Commercial Liability Insurance and Launch of Insurance Accelerator

by SEAmod

Hello Sellers,

In regard to the US Announcement made here, we created this topic and are inviting you to post your questions. Please stay on topic and only post queries about commercial liability insurance and the insurance accelerator. We will leave this thread open for 5 days. After that, we will close the topic and process your questions. We will return here to post available answers.

Amazon

Tags: Insurance
2.6K views
158 replies
Most helpful reply
user profile
SEAmod
In reply to: SEAmod's post

Hello Sellers,

Were you not able to find the right occurrence-based insurance policy for your product categories?

We now allow Claim-made based policies for certain product categories. Click here to learn more.

Best regards,
Susan

Jump to reply
158 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NDjaC7KgVcZe9

I have two separate policies covering different products. How is this addressed? Your submission forum seems to be only set up for a single policy submission.

user profile
Seller_kglrCBZYtH6ws

I have had a policy through Liberty Mutual for a number of years now. When I used the accelerator one of the companies that was quoted to me was Liberty Mutual at a rate of $300/year less than what I currently pay. (Current policy renews in a few weeks so I have a recent quote.)

I called the Liberty Mutual number provided by the accelerator, explained what I was trying to do, and after a long wait on hold they informed me that they cannot honor the quote Amazon gave. It has something to do with requiring a change of underwriters and their obligation to my existing underwriter.

I explained to them that I could just go one of the other companies that gave me a similar quote and Liberty Mutual would loose my business altogether. Their response basically was “yes that’s true”.

I’ve never filed a claim with Liberty Mutual and paid all my premiums on time but it seems they are willing to drop me over this. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet, just throwing this out there as a potential glitch.

user profile
Seller_2lU5v5Wkfvjjp

There is a slight discrepancy between the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement and the FAQ on the business insurance upload page with respect to how Amazon should be listed as an additional insured. The Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement says “Amazon and its assignees”, while the FAQs on the business insurance upload page say “Amazon.com Services LLC., and its affiliates and assignees”.

Which is correct and how exactly should Amazon be named on the COI?

user profile
Seller_2lU5v5Wkfvjjp

We’ve had the required insurance for years and each year at renewal our insurer sends the COI to Amazon at the PO BOX listed in the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement. Today’s announcement seems to suggest there is a new process for uploading the COI, but that conflicts with the process in the Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement. How should sellers submit their COIs to Amazon?

user profile
Seller_2lU5v5Wkfvjjp

The FAQs on the business insurance upload page say “The deductible for any policy(ies) must not be greater than $10,000 and any deductible amount must be listed on the certificate(s) of insurance”

Our insurance through CNA is compliant, but in looking at the industry standard ACORD COI, the deductible is not listed on the COI for Commercial General Liability insurance policies. While we can ask CNA to add it, they are a huge company like Amazon and may not change the industry standard ACORD COI form to match this requirement from Amazon. Is Amazon aware the deductible is not typically included on the ACORD COI for a Commercial General Liability policy? Will they instead accept the COI along with the policy declarations page showing the deductible?

user profile
Seller_imQtJdgNnXWe4

I’m a single member LLC business and I do have policy under my business name. Yet on Amazon I have my first and last name as legal entity since according to Amazon single member LLC is consider as individual. I look up the update and it say :Individual" includes Sole Proprietors or Single-Member LLCs where the owner is an individual:. How to I upload since it will not match on policy ? How do I fix this?

user profile
Seller_GmN5rpIBX0Dj7

When going through the tax accelerator interview…it asks “Is a waiver of subrogation endorsement required by any of your clients? YES or NO.”

I don’t see any mention of this by Amazon. Thus, is this “waiver of subrogation endorsement” required by Amazon on the policy we purchase? Thanks.

user profile
Seller_LiJKdWyeim8Rh

Hello,

my company is registered in Europe. the insurance providers listed on the Amazon insurance accelerator only provide insurance for American companies. I called several other US insurance companies - they don’t provide insurance to European companies. Can you please provide at least one insurance company on the Accelerator that works with non-American companies?

thank you!
Alex

user profile
Seller_c1JfqW0Qlqg2w

My company is a Canadian based Incorporation, but we sell in the US.

If I have a canadian policy that matches the canadian requirements will that still allow me to sell in the US.

Thanks!

user profile
Seller_vK91no7T3QnZm

Is the requirement mandatory for overseas sellers only participating in FBA in the US or all the sellers in the US marketplace?

Go to original post