user profile
Sign in
user profile

Pre-fulfillment Cancel Rate

by Seller_BtOetin4ZrCkQ

I had to cancel my 3 orders today. Because I could not supply the products and I expressed this situation to my customers. I realized that I made a mistake in the listing and removed the products from my store. I will list my products when I re-supply. But naturally my account is at risk due to Pre-fulfillment Cancel Rate violation. Can you please help me what action should I take to save my account from risk?

Tags: Cancelled order, Fulfillment
6 replies
6 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_RiOJBL9iBCxMB
In reply to: Seller_BtOetin4ZrCkQ's post

Sell more. It will decrease the percentage of cancels. Don’t list items you don’t have.

user profile
Seller_fsNHBXJZNVJpE

Make sure you do NOT need to cancel a single other order for the next 6 months! If you make another “mistake” and sell something you don’t have, waste your money, buy it elsewhere and ship it to the customer…

user profile
Jasmine_Amazon

Hi @NORTH_KMS_STORE,

Thank you for your post, this is Jasmine here to assist you.

I understand you are concerned that your account may have issues from the recent cancellation rate violation.

First, I’d like to advise you about what cancellation rate is and how it’s calculated.

The cancellation rate is all seller-canceled orders represented as a percentage of total orders during a given 7-day time period. And cancellation rate only applies to seller-fulfilled orders, meaning it is not applicable to FBA opt-in sellers. Our policy recommends sellers to maintain a cancellation rate under 2.5% in order to sell on Amazon. A cancellation rate above 2.5% may result in deactivation of seller-fulfilled offers and in advance of deactivation, we may require seller to submit a Plan of Action.

To help you in better understanding of cancellation rate, we would suggest you to refer these help pages for better understanding:

I would also suggest that you look into your cancellation report from seller central, identify the root cause of the cancellation, take action to remedy the issues and implement preventive measures to prevent defects from occurring in future orders. Please check the performance notification you may have received to find about what to do next.

I hope this provided some relief and clarification on what you can do.

Thank you @Mike64220, @Nuttythenuisance2, @Oneida, @Dogone for sharing your insights as well.

Best,
Jasmine

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post