user profile
Sign in
user profile

How to apply a customization template to the product listing?

by Seller_3kXt2dBhKY66k

I’ve generated a product customization template, downloaded the Excel file, and then uploaded the file as a .txt.
I can’t seem to figure out how to apply the template to my custom product listing.
Amazon Help is asking me to elaborate, and sent a link to info about inventory templates.
Thank you for any help!

Tags: Listings
4 replies
4 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_G0h0bOLI8OOQv
In reply to: Seller_3kXt2dBhKY66k's post

Same problem! If templates cannot be applied to other products what’s the point of saving them? I am missing a piece here.

Please this is urgent, I’m totally blocked with this and I don’t want to create all the customization parameters again. Thanks!

user profile
Seller_Nb6ZtLcoGFwI6

It sounds like you may have generated a blank template. Here’s some tips I wrote for a different seller with a somewhat similar problem.

1. Press “edit customization” on SKU 001 that has your completed customization.
  2. Press “generate template” (besides the publish button)
  3. Navigate to Inventory > Manage inventory > “Custom Products” at the top of the page > click “Enable custom products via upload” in the top right of the page.
  4. Download a copy of your template
  5. Open template, rename SKU 001 to SKU 002
  6. Save & upload

that should work

user profile
Seller_G0h0bOLI8OOQv

Hi Want_to_Wish,
thanks for the instructions. My template is not blank. I completed the lengthy custom configuration and saved it as a template as I was not ready to publish.
Once I was, I tried to use that fully configured template with my product but couldn’t find a way to associate the product and the existing template.
I really want to avoid re-doing it.

thanks

user profile
Seller_G0h0bOLI8OOQv

Hello again,
I think I figured out what Want_to_wish kindly explained.

The way it works as that you create the template, you download it (it will be an excel file), you go to the “template” tab and make sure that the SKU and all the data matches with your template and Save As unicode txt file. (just the template tab, the rest are instructions and data description)

Then you go to “Add product customizations in bulk via upload” as described above and the under “Upload Customizations” tab you can upload the txt that will be the one actually linking the template with your product.

Hope it helps other people deal with this and also hope that @Amazon makes the process more intuitive based on this feedback.

Thanks!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post