user profile
Sign in
user profile

Two-factor authentication will be required for Seller Central sign in

by News_Amazon

Starting as early as March 28, 2024, you’ll be required to verify your identity using a mobile number or authenticator app when you sign in to Seller Central. This keeps your account safe from fraudulent access attempts.

If you don’t already have a mobile number or authenticator app set up for two-step verification when you sign in, you’ll be prompted through a registration process to add a mobile device. If you prefer to not receive a one-time password over SMS every time you sign in, you can go to "Login Settings" to register an authenticator app for two-step verification.

An authenticator app is recommended for accounts with several users and can help when you’re without cell service.

For more information about authenticator apps and for two-step verification troubleshooting, go to the following help pages:

Two-step verification frequently asked questions

Two-Step Verification

Tags: News and Announcements
91 replies
91 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_tzb0Adb4whsRu
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

I'm sure most sellers are not worried about this and it's not a worry for us as far as some unauthorized user trying to login to our account.

But what sellers are worried about is Amazon protecting our listings on the back end!

Amazon please use your resources on the bigger fish instead of these "little" changes that have no relevance to the major problems on this selling platform.

Amazon needs to:

1. Do better at protecting Brands and give Brand Owners the authority to remove unauthorized sellers from our listings.

2. Keep hijackers and bad actors from creating false listings, selling counterfeit items, scamming sellers and customers.

3. Stop allowing just anyone to sell on the US platform. If they live in the US, ship from a legit US address, and their business is in the US, then allow them to sell on the US platform. Think of it as a background check before you allow them to sell.

4. Make sure buyers and Amazon follows the policies and hold them accountable and enforce the policies you made.

5. Give sellers the power to run their business as they see fit.

This Two-Step Verification does nothing to solve the problems at the back end of Amazon's platform.

Fix those issues because that's what is most important to everyone on Amazon.

user profile
Seller_BKiMRa98G1c8X

multi-step log in - Fine - BUT what about black hats taking over Brand listings? How are you combating this?

How about BUTTING OUT of how we price items? Postage goes up and we cannot raise our FBM price b/c you force us to embed the shipping for the BS of 'Free Shipping'?

Glad to see you have been able to create another distraction from the REAL issues sellers have on this platform.

user profile
Seller_9PjXkmSuRCJsK

Are we going to lose the ability to check the box holding the number for a period of time?

user profile
Seller_keSnEDesLFVwv

First, let's give credit where credit is due: this is an improvement. It maybe a tad late, but it is protection that we sellers should have in this century.

Now that we are better protected from external threats, perhaps Amzon will put more effort into protecting us from internal threats.

The biggest threat to my account is from incompettent employees or bots, not external thieves.

I have to prove that my books are not pesticides or printed on bamboo. I have to reprice books or move them to another venue because some bot thinks that the original price from 1967 is relevant. I have to petition a mod here to get my buy box eligibilty restored because seller support cannot even understand the problem, much less fix it. And when it finally does get fixed. nobody can explain why it happened or how to avoid it in the future

I don't use FBA any more, and I won't even consider tryng to establish a brand because of all the internal problems that Amazon imposes on sellers.

We sellers waited twenty years for protection against external threats. Is it going to take that long to get protection from internal threats?

user profile
Seller_LyYw7fQRKc5G7

IIRC, Amazon setup mandatory 2V login years ago. At least for professional selling accounts.

I think you are confused. Unless this is now for individual accounts?

user profile
Seller_6kGVXV3FOY1iY

What if you manage more than one account for multiple different businesses?

user profile
Seller_OfZvFTVK41gXD

I DO NOT have a Cell phone - i am 69 years old - and Never want a cell phone

user profile
Seller_5DrrKeHsDwIGT

Your two factor is ridiculous at some points. I had a problem with it months ago and still to this day still do sometimes.

user profile
Seller_OChH0VD9utdxq

You find that to be a problem. Amazon must see it as a feature. It helps their preferred sellers.

How else would they get all the sweet amazon basics stuff made in china?

user profile
Seller_XSqPquQH4FvW1

I don't understand. Is this going to be every time we access seller central? Please clarify.

Go to original post