user profile
Sign in
user profile

Plagued by Fake A-Z Claim Scam

by Seller_dZMpCpY87mFdg

This has been happening for months, but has picked up a ton in the last week.

"Buyer" sends a broken-English scripted message, then eventually files an A-Z Claim a few days later. Initially the Buyer Name and Ship name were always different, but lately they've started being the same.

All trackings have Delivery Photos that clearly match the delivery addresses. Same phrases, same overseas spellings/words (parcel, neighbours, etc). How does Amazon allow this to continue happening?

We've lost every one of these and the financial burden is adding up. Our shipping rates are much cheaper than Amazon's Buy Shipping, so we shouldn't have to utilize that in order to get Amazon to not allow obvious fraud. I'm sure there's plenty of orders that we missed, but here's a sample:

- Dec 9th

Message: "I checked the order address and it's correct. But why didn't I get the package? I searched the house, talked to the neighbors, couldn't find the package. I don't want to wait any longer. Please give me a refund."

No claim since we accidentally refunded this one manually.

- Jan 16th

Message: "I have no time to follow the lost parcel of the order from you. But I still not received it until now, I thought it was lost. Could you check for me and help me solve out to get my money back?"

A-Z Claim: "I ordered stuff from them but did not receive it. I'm not sure what happened it was tagged for delivery. I don't know who got it but it wasn't me! I'm desperate since the seller hasn't fixed the problem for me either. Please assist me in obtaining a refund. I can't tolerate the loss of my money and goods."

- Jan 31st

Message: "I haven't received my package yet,This makes me very helpless. Why did my package disappear?"

A-Z Claim: "My order package was lost for a long time, I want my money back, I have tried to contact the seller, but he did not solve the problem."

- Feb 26th

Message: "Hasn't my order been delivered by now? I have just checked the order. Why does it show that the goods have arrived"

A-Z Claim: "I truly not received the order, amazon. I tried to contact the seller but not worked out so that I want to contact amazon to solve out the matter. The reason is that I believe amazon will be in justice to handle and take care of the feeling of every customer and reduce their loss. If I still not receive the refund through amazon, I will be so upset and please work it out for me, many thanks as a loyalty customer."

- Feb 28th

Message: "what's wrong with my order? i checked everywhere it may have been delivered, but the result is nothing I found out. i don't want to wait anymore, Please refund. i will appreciate your service here!"

A-Z Claim: "Hello, my order package was lost for a long time and I wasted a lot of time waiting. I would like to get my money back and I have tried to contact the seller, but he has not solved the problem."

- March 11th

Message: "Hello, I'd like to know why the package I bought hasn't arrived yet. But I saw on the logistics information that it was delivered to the address I filled in. In this case, I need to know why this happened. Can you help me check what happened?"

A-Z Claim: "I hope you can help me, I believe Amazon is fair, please help me refund, thank you"

- May 4th, Lorene

Message: "Hasn't my order been delivered by now? I have just checked the order. Why does it show that the goods have arrived"

A-Z Claim: "I talked to the logistics company about the details of my package. I still can't find my package. I gave up. I must file a claim"

- May 27th

Message: "Hello, please help me to see what is going on with this order. I haven't received the package yet. It says it's signed for. Why is that?"

A-Z Claim: "My package was lost, but the seller hasn't been able to solve the problem yet. Considering that the package won't arrive at a reasonable time, I can't wait any longer. In my discussion with the seller, I asked him to refund the payment for this order. But they refused to deal with the matter, so I had to file a claim directly here. Hopefully Amazon will solve this problem properly, Thank you very much!"

- Jun 29th

Message 1: "what's wrong with my order? i checked everywhere it may have been delivered, but the result is nothing I found out, please help me with a refund, i still haven't received the parcel."

Message 2: "no parcel left there, i have checked many times, also I have checked with my neighbors for the parcel of the order many times, but no result. i haven't find it. it must have been lost, please refund, i can't bear the loss."

(no claim, yet....)

- July 1st

Message: "Excuse me, I need you guide me in after-service here, my order never comes and i no longer need it. Help me to get it refunded, thanks."

Message 2: "I have searched and checked everywhere it may have been delivered, but there was nothing left. i don't know whether someone have taken it already or this package has been wrongly handled. i double confirmed with my family members, they have no idea either, i even go around and ask neighbours... however, i found out nothing and have to turn to you for further solution. refund pls."

(no claim, yet...)

- July 4th

Message: "Hello, I would like to know why the goods I ordered have not been received yet. I want to got my money back ."

(no claim, yet...)

Tags: A to Z Claims, Buyer messages, Refunds
18 replies
18 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_smU4J8AZRxJNu
In reply to: Seller_dZMpCpY87mFdg's post

Please contact me. We make and sell Jade East Aftershave and Cologne. You are not alone in this. Find me on google and call my 800 number. I will answer directly.

user profile
Seller_HP0CuTSNvJvu9

In the short term, your solution is to make sure you buy shipping using Amazon Buy Shipping services. @Seller_smU4J8AZRxJNuis working on something for this. As she said, you're not alone.

user profile
Seller_HP0CuTSNvJvu9

It does. If you make a case with samples of the text templates the scammers are using, and in your A-to-z appeal reference the case number, 8 times out of 10 they will grant it but fund it, and 1/10 each they will deny it or you'll get stuck paying for it. It's a lot of work and as I said, it's not THE solution. It is a temporary solution to stem the losses while other actions are taken.

It's funny (well, not funny but interesting) that I haven't gotten one of these in about 6 weeks...then suddenly last night I got this: "I am running out of my patience to wait further, my item has not arrived, it never comes, i request a full refund which is the best way to save more time. hope you can understand.thanks"

user profile
Seller_smU4J8AZRxJNu
Show post
using Amazon buy shipping services will NOT protect you from this scam,
user profile
Seller_kZUOCMBionnbv

We have been hit with the same issue. In our case the ship-to and buyer name are always only a first name never a last name, and only one order under each account. The A to Z Claim reason is identical on all orders even though the first names are not the same. Never tracing back to repeat orders. We reported this to our SAS Account rep who filed the investigation. 125 orders with the same reasons filed wreaks of fraud. that was a month ago and still no resolution.

user profile
Seller_08TZq9sOIaGvv

Is all of this is lost revenue and labor a better deal than using "buy shipping" from Amazon? I highly recommend you perform a risk analysis on this. The "action" should result in the less (total) costly shipping option. You may even want to adjust packaging to fit into a cheaper shipping solution. These are things you can do immediately as Amazon aint changing anytime soon. If you want to fight the fraud, you still can concurrently, but I would stop the bleeding now.

user profile
Seller_52pUzzgnsLDGs

Huge scam. When it happens to me it's a company in Guangzhou, China who has copied my listings to Walmart, Ebay, and other selling sites. There are plenty of others of course but this particular company is the worst. Then when they get an order they go to Amazon and place that order with me, I ship, customer receives, everyone is happy. For a few weeks. Then the Chinese company / Walmart seller starts messaging me, ends up filing an A to Z and gets his money back. Yes, Amazon says I'm not responsible because I used Amazon postage and package is delivered, but they still pay. This has all been explained to Amazon in my A to Z appeals but they just don't care.

user profile
Seller_4HsL3GZbyDLea

Amazon: No scammer left behind.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post