user profile
Sign in
user profile

Taking Pictures on Delivery?

by Seller_CyKLfaLqcN9p2

Hi all!

This may kinda fall into/off topic. I just wanted to get a feel for this from some of you other forum members.

I just had a delivery person drop off a package from Amazon (~$40), a private delivery company, this had never happened to me before, I do understand they sometimes photo the package at the “spot” or door being left. When he handed me the package he immediately took out his cell phone, stepped back and took a “full frame” picture of\ me holding the item then walked away. (it happened very fast) I was surprised and asked him did he take my picture, he said yes, “don’t worry” I asked to see the image but he said it was uploaded to his system and he could not show it. (sure) I don’t wish to have my photo taken, I was not asked, I was not out in public nor did I expect to have it taken, I am a very private person and this was not acceptable to me.

Am I being too sensitive,why do they think its reasonable to come into my work and take my picture without asking, want proof of delivery, request my signature, but I should not have to give up so much of my anonymity for your delivery!

Tags: Fees, Images
112 replies
112 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ilqnZBEFI577P
In reply to: Seller_CyKLfaLqcN9p2's post

They way you described, I personally would feel violated.

We had a driver do this at our office, but they asked before taking the picture. It wasn’t me, and the person receiving the package didn’t care. If it were me, I would make sure I wasn’t in the picture.

There has to be a better way than this was handled.

user profile
Seller_ZDGgATBGegBqy

The standard way for Amazon delivery drivers to prove delivery has been to take a picture of the box on the doorstep. I believe that such pictures are required for the driver to get paid - or at least if there is a dispute.

This guy apparently has no sense of private property or personal privacy, and misunderstood the instructions.
I’d be pissed too.

user profile
Seller_O5II1aDRmKRXI

You can see the picture on your buyer account Order History

How would you have any anonymity anyhow? You bought an item and had it shipped to you. Of course they know who you are.

user profile
Seller_XFj8akGqahG0f

i never have to worry about that. I have never and will never make an amazon purchase. I only purchase from those who treat me good. as a seller I am not treated well so i make all my purchases on ebay. just as convenient and cheaper most times.

user profile
Seller_jAObA0Lu3XX7D

Hahahaha…that’s funny right there…

user profile
Seller_CW0P5hgbsiqWX

Yes indeed they do that. Amazon opened up a new independent driver delivery terminal one mile from our business. The cars roll in and out the door all day long. They don’t want the item stolen any more than you. It is to prevent Amazon INR claims.

user profile
Seller_c5MaOoC8vQs49

You can find a picture of yourself on your order history.

Also even if you feel violated, it doesn’t matter, I am sure some place in Amazon’s policy for buyer accounts, they added some privacy clause. As soon as you placed the order on Amazon, you consented to it automatically. However, according to, https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=202132680 “Amazon may take a photo on delivery when a package is left unattended”…“You can opt out of Photo on Delivery by contacting Customer Service.” This doesn’t mention anything about taking a picture of a person. You might be able to file a complaint, but again little may be done if Amazon has included a clause in their privacy policy.

user profile
Seller_L43BgFfu7aWdr

Way over thinking it and you sound paranoid. Unless you are wanted and we will see you on Americas Most Wanted?

user profile
Seller_L43BgFfu7aWdr
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_eIc3C5NfOC2lq

No big deal The driver must take a photo of where he left the item. If it was handed to you then he takes your photo.
next time let him leave it at the door, they will take a photo of it at the door.
Just as a point of interest Your photo can be taken by anyone just so long as the photographer is on public property. Doesn’t matter if you are standing at your door or window.

Go to original post