user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon Receiving Timeframe

by Seller_Ii6WbM1GE0oWE

I'm doing some research and planning on the logistics for the Amazon FBA fulfillment. Among many other variables, one pain point is the timeframe of shipment from the date of shipment "arrived" at an Amazon FC to the date when it becomes "available", not "at-hand" which includes FC transfer units. I'm just assuming that this timeline is about 2 weeks and max 4 weeks because after 4 weeks, I can request investigation. It is understandable that it may take more than 4 weeks, but I assumed that in normal and most cases for average(?) sellers, it would take less than 4 weeks which is the earliest eligibility date of investigation (1 month to be precise).

However, I may be wrong. I don't have much data to assume this 2-4 week timeframe is reasonable. I understand that this can vary due to the number of shipments, month, each FC's situation, etc., etc... However, as a person responsible for logistics, I must make assumptions and plan accordingly. Many posts in this forum complaining about the delayed and wrong shipment process also scares me.

I tried to find some data whether disclosed by Amazon or sellers, or any documentation, but there was nothing like a minimum or maximum timeframe. Could anyone provide more input and guidance?

Tags: Forecasting, Inventory, Inventory feeds
1 reply
1 reply
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Dominic_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_Ii6WbM1GE0oWE's post

Hi @Seller_Ii6WbM1GE0oWE,

Dominic from Amazon here, happy to provide some additional info.

user profile
Seller_Ii6WbM1GE0oWE
Show post
I'm just assuming that this timeline is about 2 weeks and max 4 weeks because after 4 weeks, I can request investigation.

Receiving times can depend on a number of factors including time of the year. Usually around this time of year receiving times can increase. In addition to that, you can only request an investigation once the shipment is closed. In some cases the reconciliation date may be extended.

The final process itself has three steps:

• Delivered: Amazon has received information from the carrier that your shipment is ready for delivery, or that it was delivered to the fulfillment center facility yard but that the fulfillment center has not yet checked it in.

For small-parcel shipments, it can take up to four days for your shipment to move to Checked in status from your scheduled delivery date. For LTL and FTL shipments, it can take up to 10 days. During peak times, it may take longer. It’s unable to manually change the shipment status, as it is automatically updated to checked In status following up the fulfillment center dock receiving process.

• Occasionally, a shipment that has been delivered to the fulfillment center will not display as Delivered. This can occur because of information between the carrier and the fulfillment center not syncing.
  • Checked in: The trailer your shipment is on has been moved from the facility yard to the dock door and is ready to be unloaded. Checked-in inventory has not yet been through the receiving process.

For small-parcel shipments, it can take up to two days to move from Checked in status to Receiving status. For LTL and FTL shipments, it can take up to nine days. During peak times, it may take longer. It’s unable to manually change the shipment status, as it is automatically updated to Receiving status following up the fulfillment center dock receiving process.

• Receiving: Amazon has started scanning your shipment ID labels. Units are available for sale as soon as they are received. However, because units may be sent to other fulfillment centers closer to customers, it can take up to 18 days for received units to be available for immediate shipping.

Not adhering to Amazon's packaging, prep, or shipping requirements may delay receiving. For more information, go to Packaging and prep requirements, Shipping and routing requirements, and Small parcel delivery to Amazon. Amazon cannot manually expedite the receiving progress for any shipment. Your shipment may keep in Receiving status longer than expected due to the inventory need to transship from Ship fulfillment center to storage fulfillment center.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best,

Dominic

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post