user profile
Sign in
user profile

Prime Day 2021: Promotion to support small business brands

by News_Amazon

From June 7 to 20, 2021, Amazon will offer customers the opportunity to earn a credit to spend on Prime Day 2021.

Investing in the success of small business is a fundamental part of our work at Amazon and we know that customers share our commitment to supporting small businesses in their communities.

Prime members who spend 10 USD on eligible products from small business brands will get a 10 USD promotional credit, funded by Amazon. On Prime Day the credit can be used to purchase products from businesses of all sizes.

If your products are included in the promotion, you will receive an email on June 7 with a link to view your promotion-eligible products.

For more information on eligibility, go to our Prime Day Small Business Brands Promotions FAQ.

To learn more about the promotion, click here.

Tags: News and Announcements
4.5K views
38 replies
38 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_XxQ6gnOn19FKs
In reply to: News_Amazon's post
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_fGluy2Rns9Cfx

Intereesting

"# Small And Midsize Business (SMB)

A small and midsize business (SMB) is a business that, due to its size, has different IT requirements — and often faces different IT challenges — than do large enterprises, and whose IT resources (usually budget and staff) are often highly constrained.

For the purposes of its research, Gartner defines SMBs by the number of employees and annual revenue they have. The attribute used most often is number of employees; small businesses are usually defined as organizations with fewer than 100 employees; midsize enterprises are those organizations with 100 to 999 employees.

The second most popular attribute used to define the SMB market is annual revenue: small business is usually defined as organizations with less than $50 million in annual revenue; midsize enterprise is defined as organizations that make more than $50 million, but less than $1 billion in annual revenue."

user profile
Seller_LwUhSN3kUAXlg
user profile
Seller_LwUhSN3kUAXlg

Also I notice our invitation is from “Amazon Services Europe no-reply@sell.amazon.com.” We only sell in North America. Does this mean this promotion only applies to our products in countries where we don’t sell them? That would be one of the more Amazony things I could think of.

user profile
Seller_gQYj2zQCuoz6y

It is a nice offer. And it is free (I believe).
No need to be snarky when Amazon does something good.

user profile
Seller_8EcikND8l4zsB

Right up until your products are successful, then they make an Amazon Basics version. Thanks for designing and market testing products for us, small businesses!

user profile
Seller_zD9jK93ghtrcR

Does anyone know if there is something that we can share on social media.

The email I received says

Highlight your small business by sharing the Spend $10, Get $10 promotion with customers on social media during the promotional period.

Use the hashtag #SupportSmallwithAmazon on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to join the conversation.

I cannot find any graphics or advertising to share.

user profile
Seller_JSkKTxOgzk1ON
user profile
Seller_AevYmOVtgtKV2
user profile
Seller_xBMhrw7BU7e84

I am excited about this promo if it actually only includes US based businesses even if the revenue requirement is 50 million (I think we might qualify …just barely by about 50 million). It will be interesting to see if there is an impact on sales.

Maybe it is paving the way for a permanent marker on the listing that it is a US based business. Although shortly after that happens, overseas sellers will find a way around the rules and just have a 1 person company in the US that is funded overseas and all of the profits are sent back offshore but maybe it would be nice for a little while

Go to original post