user profile
Sign in
user profile

Buyer claims he never received package A to Z granted

by Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS

Hello, I have a wierd case here where the customer purchased item from me, we purchased label through Amazon with signature confirmation. The package tracking shows that the item was delivered on 4/3. But then a week after on 4/10 it shows Returning to Sender Incomplete address information may delay delivery. We are attempting to update this information. The package will be returned to the sender. Then on 4/12 the package shows Returned. Returned to sender HEBRON, KY. The problem is that we are located in California and our return address is in California but the package was returned somewhere in Hebron, KY and my guess is that UPS shipped it to Amazon facility through their account instead of shipping it to the return address and this was a FBM order. I have lost the A-to-Z claim, who is suppose to be responsible for this case? I thought sellers are covered during shipping issues when using Amazon shipping services?

Tags: A to Z Claims
21 replies
21 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND
In reply to: Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS's post

"I thought sellers are covered during shipping issues when using Amazon shipping services?"

Amazon does not cover the cost when it is 'Returned to Sender.' The customer will win an A-z claim, but your metrics won't or at least shouldn't get hit.

This just happened recently to another seller, and I would agree with you; it sounds like it may have been returned to an Amazon facility.

Amazon used to return these misdirected packages to the seller, but I don't think they do it anymore (automatically).

You can try opening a case to get the package back; it's a long shot. They need to forward your case to the Hebron, KY, warehouse Team (hopefully, there is only one warehouse there).

Provide all the relevant info, and I would use bullet points so it is very clear.

• Order ID #
  • Description of the package
  • Carrier and Tracking info
  • Outgoing Address
  • The Sender's address

Then ask them to return the FMB package back to you and include your address again.

I would also put in a claim with UPS.

Here is a post with some helpful info and instructions → How to file UPS claim after using Buy Shipping.

You can also view Amazon's help page → File a claim with UPS.

Maybe some other forum member can offer some additional/alternative suggestions.

user profile
Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS
In reply to: Jameson_Amazon's post

I have called ups and they have sent me confirmation of package delivery below

[Moderator Edit: removed personal information]

user profile
Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS

I got response from Amazon today "Although we understand your position, we stand by our decision." At the very least you would think they would remove the claim from my metrics. I have seen sellers on here with same problems their odr never impacted. I opened a new case

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

Thank you @Jameson_Amazon for looking into this.

This should be covered by Amazon's Buy-Shipping guarantee.

Use Buy Shipping services: Amazon's Buy Shipping policy states “A-to-z Guarantee claims: If you purchase Amazon’s Buy Shipping and ship on time, you are protected against claims where a customer reports problems with delivery. Amazon will cover the cost of these claims, and they will not affect your Order Defect Rate.”

---

The package was not returned to the Seller; it ended up at 1600 Worldwide Blvd Hebron, KY, which is an Amazon facility, and who knows if the Seller will even be able to retrieve it. The likelihood of Amazon returning this to the seller is very slim. This item is valued at $1,176.95

@Jameson_Amazon can you at least get the ODR removed from @Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS as this is clearly not their fault?

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

"I have called ups and they have sent me confirmation of package delivery below."

This shows the package was delivered to 1600 Worldwide Blvd Hebron KY, which is an Amazon facility.

I would reach out to them and try to locate the package.

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Thanks for sending over your case ID and for your patience on this, @Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS!

I'm currently looking into this situation a bit further - I will be back as soon as possible with my findings.

Thanks again for your patience here!

Jameson

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Quick update for you, @Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS!

I just wanted to let you know that I have escalated this situation internally for additional review. Someone from that partner team may contact you, so please be on the lookout for that. And of course, I'll reach out to you if I hear any updates on my end.

Thanks so much!

Jameson

user profile
Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS

Ok thanks for your help!

user profile
Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS

Hello, just wanted to update I received an email today from Amazon "Thank you for taking the time to provide us with additional information regarding the A-to-z Guarantee claim on order xxxx. Upon further review, we have decided to reverse our original decision. We have credited $1088.95 to your account and your Order Defect Rate will be updated within 48 hours to reflect this change. I just wanted to thank everybody for taking the time to help me I appreciate it, I love you all!!

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Amazing!!! I am so beyond happy to hear this, @Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS!

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any additional questions. :)

All the best,

Jameson

user profile
Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND

Upon further review, we have decided to reverse our original decision. We have credited $1088.95 to your account and your Order Defect Rate will be updated within 48 hours to reflect this change.

@Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS that is fantastic news!!

@James_Amazon, thank you so much for taking the time to look into this and assist the OP.

This made my day! 🍾

user profile
Jameson_Amazon
In reply to: Seller_aV1Bh32hE0KND's post

Thank you so much for your help on this (and everything else haha), @Medic! I truly appreciate it!

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post