Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_lBLvTGc14CMzc

AMAZON ALLOWING CARRIER "ADJUSTMENTS" ROBERRY

AMAZON HELP!!! Why are the carriers allowed to charge these kinds of rates. If I ship from a carrier station, they will not charge over $100 for 1lb to travel to the next state. Why are these carriers being allowed to charge these rates? AMAZON HELP AND PUT A STOP TO THIS!. One order was over $238 adjustment to ship to the next state. THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY wrong with these rates and many people on the forum who are actually noticing are complaining and Amazon you need to investigate this. Titled "adjustments" so some sellers are not even realizing. I am negative $10,000 and my $13,000 I had has been taken in these "adjustments". This is Criminal. Amazon do something

img
2.4K views
95 replies
Tags:Shipping
95 replies
user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_lBLvTGc14CMzc Thanks you for checking in with the forums about those recent carrier adjustments.

Carrier shipping correction charges

When you purchase shipping services, the carrier charges are based on the information you provide for the package. Carriers may charge or credit you after the package is shipped in the form of carrier adjustments that are based on the difference between the original label information and the carrier-audited package information.

For the shipments you posted in your screenshot, the label information you entered qualified the shipments for the FedEx One Rate shipping method. This shipping method has maximum dimensions of 2200 cubic inches and 50 pounds.

However, the actual dimensions of those shipments were larger than 2200 cubic inches and the shipment did not qualify for FedEx One Rate. FedEx applied an applicable, more expensive service for those shipments.

For future shipments, you can avoid carrier shipping correction charges by doing the following:

• Confirming you are providing accurate shipment details when you create a shipment.
  • Confirming you are taking into consideration dimensional weight when calculating your shipping rates.
  • For both dimension and weight measurements, always remember to round up to the nearest whole number.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_TvaTXH61RRGLO

This happens because you do not add the size of the packages and/or you do not put the correct weight. If you do not put the size , UPS will consider a medium size and if your packages are bigger they will bill you foradjustments.

If you thought they would not return or record them if they found them underpaid, please note UPS automatically measure and weight all the packages on conveyor bands.

user profile
Seller_8boEAZ3FxBa3G

same thing is happening to me daily

user profile
Seller_lCX40xAkSs1xm

As much as I do not like the big carriers and their price fixing... Amazon is purely the messenger.

We have a direct account with UPS and they also adjust charges if the dimensions and/or weight is wrong.

Correct input of both items is key to eliminate adjustments.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_PtRGEJiStRDor

Another USPS package was charged extra because the size I typed in 14x12x5 was actually 12x14x5 which is of course the same.

View post

Packages will have the same dimensional charges and weights no matter what order the dimensions are displayed. If there was an adjustment for those orders, it was due to a reason other than a carrier-audited dimension update.

user profile
Seller_t82GkXayLL5wR

Amazon and other platforms don't help with this disputes. They make you go directly to the carrier which basically means you have no chance of challenging and winning any of these. Some carriers are much worse than others especially freight companies. At least with freight you can show some manifests/packing lists to challenge the charge. For boxed items there is no way to "prove" the size of the box, weight can be shown if they charge extra for an oversize/overweight. Any adjustments made to the boxes should not increase costs as substantially as it sounds like they are doing to you. A slight increase in weight/dims should only add a few dollars. Fedex once added 30$ because our shipment was 1 lb LESS than we put. Its a no win situation

user profile
Seller_aWrza8YvWVgM1

They have been taking $1000s from us. We had to stop using Buy Shipping. UPS was hitting us with adjustments for the same dimensions we entered but for 4-5 times the original rate. You can open cases but there is no point, it will only infuriate you as they both point the blame at each other, and at the end they tell you kiss off

user profile
Seller_RnmnN0kn7wZCA

Why so many postage adjustments at the Amazon marketplace, but none at eBays? Why is there an adjustment when we entered the correct dimensions and weight of the package? It is a bait and switch scam by carriers or by Amazon.

user profile
Seller_yUbOtTRrqazDo

I'm sorry to say this is between you and UPS. Amazon is not involved. I gave up using UPS years ago after receiving ridiculous adjustments like these. UPS uses bots to determine the size of your packages, and as any AZ seller knows, bots are the source of the most horrendous errors.

user profile
Seller_iwGyJUWC4pcve

I thought I was the only one with this problem. Been trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Lately, seems like over 90% of my items have been adjusted. Also, how can USPS adjust the dimensions on a (flat rate box) when it is printed on a box. Printed on USPS small flat rate box OD 8.86 x5.437 x 1.75 so I enter in 9x6x2 and then the adjust it to 8x2x9 and charge extra $1.98 I just do not understand.

user profile
Seller_lBLvTGc14CMzc

AMAZON HELP!!! Why are the carriers allowed to charge these kinds of rates. If I ship from a carrier station, they will not charge over $100 for 1lb to travel to the next state. Why are these carriers being allowed to charge these rates? AMAZON HELP AND PUT A STOP TO THIS!. One order was over $238 adjustment to ship to the next state. THERE IS SOMETHING SERIOUSLY wrong with these rates and many people on the forum who are actually noticing are complaining and Amazon you need to investigate this. Titled "adjustments" so some sellers are not even realizing. I am negative $10,000 and my $13,000 I had has been taken in these "adjustments". This is Criminal. Amazon do something

img
2.4K views
95 replies
user profile

by Seller_lBLvTGc14CMzc

img
2.4K views
95 replies
95 replies
95 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_lBLvTGc14CMzc Thanks you for checking in with the forums about those recent carrier adjustments.

When you purchase shipping services, the carrier charges are based on the information you provide for the package. Carriers may charge or credit you after the package is shipped in the form of carrier adjustments that are based on the difference between the original label information and the carrier-audited package information.

For the shipments you posted in your screenshot, the label information you entered qualified the shipments for the FedEx One Rate shipping method. This shipping method has maximum dimensions of 2200 cubic inches and 50 pounds.

However, the actual dimensions of those shipments were larger than 2200 cubic inches and the shipment did not qualify for FedEx One Rate. FedEx applied an applicable, more expensive service for those shipments.

For future shipments, you can avoid carrier shipping correction charges by doing the following:

• Confirming you are providing accurate shipment details when you create a shipment.
  • Confirming you are taking into consideration dimensional weight when calculating your shipping rates.
  • For both dimension and weight measurements, always remember to round up to the nearest whole number.

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_TvaTXH61RRGLO

This happens because you do not add the size of the packages and/or you do not put the correct weight. If you do not put the size , UPS will consider a medium size and if your packages are bigger they will bill you foradjustments.

If you thought they would not return or record them if they found them underpaid, please note UPS automatically measure and weight all the packages on conveyor bands.

user profile
Seller_8boEAZ3FxBa3G

user profile
Seller_lCX40xAkSs1xm

As much as I do not like the big carriers and their price fixing... Amazon is purely the messenger.

We have a direct account with UPS and they also adjust charges if the dimensions and/or weight is wrong.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_PtRGEJiStRDor

Another USPS package was charged extra because the size I typed in 14x12x5 was actually 12x14x5 which is of course the same.

View post

Packages will have the same dimensional charges and weights no matter what order the dimensions are displayed. If there was an adjustment for those orders, it was due to a reason other than a carrier-audited dimension update.

user profile
Seller_t82GkXayLL5wR

Amazon and other platforms don't help with this disputes. They make you go directly to the carrier which basically means you have no chance of challenging and winning any of these. Some carriers are much worse than others especially freight companies. At least with freight you can show some manifests/packing lists to challenge the charge. For boxed items there is no way to "prove" the size of the box, weight can be shown if they charge extra for an oversize/overweight. Any adjustments made to the boxes should not increase costs as substantially as it sounds like they are doing to you. A slight increase in weight/dims should only add a few dollars. Fedex once added 30$ because our shipment was 1 lb LESS than we put. Its a no win situation

user profile
Seller_aWrza8YvWVgM1

They have been taking $1000s from us. We had to stop using Buy Shipping. UPS was hitting us with adjustments for the same dimensions we entered but for 4-5 times the original rate. You can open cases but there is no point, it will only infuriate you as they both point the blame at each other, and at the end they tell you kiss off

user profile
Seller_RnmnN0kn7wZCA

Why so many postage adjustments at the Amazon marketplace, but none at eBays? Why is there an adjustment when we entered the correct dimensions and weight of the package? It is a bait and switch scam by carriers or by Amazon.

user profile
Seller_yUbOtTRrqazDo

I'm sorry to say this is between you and UPS. Amazon is not involved. I gave up using UPS years ago after receiving ridiculous adjustments like these. UPS uses bots to determine the size of your packages, and as any AZ seller knows, bots are the source of the most horrendous errors.

user profile
Seller_iwGyJUWC4pcve

I thought I was the only one with this problem. Been trying to figure out what I am doing wrong. Lately, seems like over 90% of my items have been adjusted. Also, how can USPS adjust the dimensions on a (flat rate box) when it is printed on a box. Printed on USPS small flat rate box OD 8.86 x5.437 x 1.75 so I enter in 9x6x2 and then the adjust it to 8x2x9 and charge extra $1.98 I just do not understand.

user profile
KJ_Amazon

KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon

KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_TvaTXH61RRGLO

user profile
Seller_TvaTXH61RRGLO

user profile
Seller_8boEAZ3FxBa3G

user profile
Seller_8boEAZ3FxBa3G

user profile
Seller_lCX40xAkSs1xm

user profile
Seller_lCX40xAkSs1xm

user profile
KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_PtRGEJiStRDor

View post

user profile
KJ_Amazon

user profile
Seller_PtRGEJiStRDor

View post

user profile
Seller_t82GkXayLL5wR

user profile
Seller_t82GkXayLL5wR

user profile
Seller_aWrza8YvWVgM1

user profile
Seller_aWrza8YvWVgM1

user profile
Seller_RnmnN0kn7wZCA

user profile
Seller_RnmnN0kn7wZCA

user profile
Seller_yUbOtTRrqazDo

user profile
Seller_yUbOtTRrqazDo

user profile
Seller_iwGyJUWC4pcve

user profile
Seller_iwGyJUWC4pcve