user profile
Sign in
user profile

Action required: Submit proof of insurance in the next 30 days

by Seller_2srXkS44rN39i

According to our records, we have not received details of your commercial insurance policy after multiple email follow ups. The Amazon Services Business Solutions Agreement requires that once you reach $10,000 in gross proceeds in any month, or if requested by Amazon, you secure commercial liability insurance. We ask that you submit proof of insurance for the products you sell on Amazon.com in the next 30 days.

Hi,

So I've sold on here since 2010, and do have insurance, but Amazon has never requested it. I'm a little confused with the "multiple email follow ups", This is the first time I've gotten an email about it. While I have exceed $10k in a month a couple times, the last time was in 2020, and it was only $2 over. Currently, my average sales for the last 4 years are less than $3k/mo.

Is this another glitch, or do I need to contact my agent and add Amazon as an additional insured and make sure the policy handles all the little stipulations on the insurance requirement?

Tags: Insurance
23 replies
23 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_ThGcwPV4uE1C6
In reply to: Seller_2srXkS44rN39i's post

This may be a requirement of what i researched so far today after getting the email.

user profile
Seller_02LDn74F78GVy

I know a lot of people have received this that are even smaller sellers than I am. The part of the email that really bothers me is the "after repeated attempts". I have never received any requests and have never exceeded the $10k either. I have been looking at insurance but not quite ready yet.

user profile
Seller_sPy6pFl2PQAbr

Depends on the amount you took in to amazon and not what was received. It is new, I have been here for a couple of years and have made over 10k to amazon and they are asking for it. It is not actually to bad if you do not have employees or walk in customers about 70 a month. It is of sound mind to have it here anyways with all the scammers. Weigh your sales vs money you spend in. 50/50 still isn't bad just price to make money.

user profile
Seller_GPyQzL3sXyw6L

When I checked with my State Farm agent, we were advised they do not insure anything that has to do with Amazon. We ended up going with one of the Amazon recommended insurance companies. So, depending on your present carrier you may have an issue just adding Amazon as an additional insured.

user profile
Seller_AGvsv7u5eL7p8

Same happened to me. Ive only sold over 10k a couple times and currently on average like 6k/month. I called and spoke to a rep and they said if amazon requests it, it must be done. so i bought it. it was $300 for the year.

user profile
Seller_iDD9b1SV65vS0

you need an insurance , it's a requirement!

user profile
Seller_AByc3cAIMkh0v

You do need insurance, but this is likely a scam. Be careful. We received the same email, but we have full product liability insurance. I recall that when we were first asked for this proof, the amazon platform communicated with us in addition to an email. I will never reply to an email. Only when it comes through the amazon platform.

user profile
Seller_DXektJ9Xf5jfD

Can any of the mods verify if this is an authentic communication from Amazon?

user profile
Seller_MYY5uBmeYyehr

Many sellers who currently have valid insurance entered in Amazon are receiving this message (the exact same one that mentions "multiple follow-ups," even if it's their first email).

I have made a thread about this but Amazon won't let me add the link sadly.

It might be worth verifying with Amazon to ensure this message wasn't sent to you by mistake before purchasing insurance. It seems many of us have received this message in error.

user profile
Seller_zinnr9HADdMb2

Its easy if you have insurance, SCAN AND SEND.... Done!

Go to original post