user profile
Sign in
user profile

Chargeback Claim Lost Over $1000 Even With USPS POD And Signature

by Seller_ucxIwRwbCrjOX

We recently lost a Chargeback Claim for a very expensive item over $1000 Order # 112-4797169-7947462.

The package was shipped on time using Amazon Buy shipping service. USPS confirms package was delivered and signed for at the address provided.

When we received notice of the chargeback, we provided all information and attached the USPS POD with signature copy.

However, the claim was granted and the funds were taken from our account.

We opened a seller support case #15552061661 but haven't gotten any assistance.

How can we appeal this decision or get reimbursed?

The buyer received the item as described and we have a proof of delivery.

@Quincy_Amazon @Roberto_Amazon @Topher_Amazon @Glenn_Amazon @SEAmod @Jim_Amazon

Tags: Customer
7 replies
7 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kIukTwdhvntAp
In reply to: Seller_ucxIwRwbCrjOX's post

I don't have a solution for Amazon allowing theft and fraud BUT if this was shipped using the USPS please report the issue to the Postal Inspectors as mail fraud.

ALSO the Government has a site IC3 (Amazon will remove the link if I put it here) where you can report the use of the internet for theft if it was UPS, FedEx or whatever. It is generally used to report on websites but it can be used to report buyers as well if you happen to encounter one of the Amazon scam crowd.

In all cases it at least puts the con artists into a data base for future reference by the authorities.

There's an OLD saying -- If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem.

PLEASE REPORT, REPORT, REPORT, REPORT.

user profile
Seller_SJRMV3s4mNrFA

Screw Amazon...contact the postal authority and start a FELONY fraud investigation. $1000 is felony level isn't it?

And contact the customer explaining it to them and maybe they will come clean.

Have to add: Any shipment that crosses state lines is covered by the USPS for mail fraud.

user profile
Seller_LozVbcNSprfMf

I strongly believe that, in addition to already suggested to report USPS Inspector and IC3. If you still have the address of the buyer, find a local Police for the Fraud Section and report it to the local police of the buyer. The police may be able to help you if you have strong evidence that it was the work of a scammer.

user profile
SEAmod

Hello @Seller_ucxIwRwbCrjOX

I requested a review of the chargeback decision. I will update you here when I have an answer from them.

Susan

user profile
Seller_GqDFjFX6DdAoQ

Chargebacks are becoming increasingly common on this platform, but you can beat these guys at their own game with a little effort, and here's how. A chargeback is not fraud, it is a legitimate avenue for consumers to stay protected against theft. You file a chargeback request online, by phone, or in writing with the credit card issuer (bank). The bank reviews your request and decides if it is valid. If they decide it is valid, it is not legally fraud.

Remember if the customer is truthful that they never ordered your item, the delivery information is a moot point since it would have gone to someone else's address. They are alleging it did not ship to them nor was it received by them. Therefore Amazon shipping does not help your case for a chargeback claim.

First, don't waste your time reporting this to the postal service or other government websites. They do not investigate claims where there is no clear evidence of fraud.

Winning a chargeback claim.

If you have done your pre-order homework on a customer, you can beat a fraudster at their own game.

1) Supply Amazon with all of the requested data regarding shipping information, delivery information, etc. Supply the shipping link that shows the item was delivered along with a doorstep delivery picture. Compare this photo with a photo of the ship to address and make sure it is a match.

2) Based on the shipping address, find the county the customer lives in and search the local government website for who owns the home, and the date it was purchased. If your customer owns this home then you just won this chargeback case. Supply this information to Amazon.

*If they do not own the home, then this may be a reason to do a better job at the pre-shipment stage. I might suggest calling a customer to ask a delivery question (signature/zip code/hours, etc). This is a great way to get a feel for your customer. (If there is no phone number listed to reach a customer then this is a red flag -if on a large order). Send messages, if a customer ghosts you then consider cancelling order due to bad or unverified shipping address.

It is unfortunate that chargebacks are not protected by Amazon. We trust Amazon has done their due diligence in the vetting process of a customer, including their ordering history. As a seller you have to protect your money. If anyone else has tips, please reply to this post.

user profile
Seller_41YKljs3sPEsS

Amazon has a rule here that when a buyer files a chargeback, it will get denied the first time, if he files chargeback again on same order, then you are responsible.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post