user profile
Sign in
user profile

Thoudands of items flagged as SEEDS_AND_PLANTS or PLANT_SEED in Restricted Product Policy Violations

by Seller_frqyFiQrOZSLi

We have had ~2600+ items flagged in the sportings goods category as SEEDS_AND_PLANTS or PLANT_SEED in Restricted Product Policy Violations. They are going up by the minute. They are hundreds of differnt products from dozens of different brands and sub categories.

Account health has been little help citing we should check out listing content and call the catalog team. This seems like a large site glitch. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Tags: Account Health, Seller Support
322 replies
322 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_frqyFiQrOZSLi
In reply to: Seller_frqyFiQrOZSLi's post

If you want a specific example B07GJCYM9S is a chain and does not have anything we can find that would flag as a plant or plant seed.

It is also worth noting these all popped up in the last few hours.

Update - We are now at 10,000+ flagged items. I do not think the AHR page can keep track over that number!

This product has been identified as a live plant or seed product that is listed outside of the SEEDS_AND_PLANTS or PLANT_SEED categories. Please update the product_type attribute to either SEEDS_AND_PLANTS or PLANT_SEED values as a path to reinstatement. If you are unable to make the necessary changes, please work with Seller Support to change the category classification for your ASIN and then please apply for reinstatement. It is against Amazon policy to list live plant or seed product outside of these categories. For more information, see the help page at https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/external/help.html?itemID=201737480&language=en-US&ref=efph_201737480_cont_200164330.

user profile
Seller_rj2Fa9exocJj9

yes major glitch its happening in all

Categories

user profile
Seller_Vgzx0qgZlP2IB

They are doing the exact same thing to me!!! I just called them and they told me that they are escalating this because of all of us calling them.

All mine are custom items example: B00QVX1LMQ

can't customize a seed or plant with embroidery????? How rediculous are they getting!!!! Please let me know if you get any further information, as I will with you!

user profile
Seller_rN1OJxuI7j6aM

Hopefully this will make you feel better. We currently have six violations and they are climbing by the minute for SEEDS_AND_PLANTS or PLANT_SEED violations. To be clear, we sell solar panels, electrical items that compliment solar panels (fuses, connectors, etc.), and electrical cable. Nothing we sell has anything even remotely to do with plants or plant seeds.

I think it is a system wide glitch.

user profile
Seller_aQfYOntqEgb0r

Yep, same here.....auto parts are somehow plant seeds!?

user profile
Seller_gj8HjJaghobAH

Oh hey look, same thing, except the flagged items was a swimming pool float and pool parts.

user profile
Seller_ZkbhYxEeTs3dk

Same here, all in clothing category

user profile
Seller_tibqbajuu05WN

Same here for baby clothing...

user profile
Seller_bVA8NVf43qvAr

Yes-

Same issue in powersports. We manufacture metal parts. Listing are getting flagged with threats of removal. Chunks of metal are not remotely close to being seeds. Happy Friday evening business owners!!!!

user profile
Seller_mOlC01wXZnL0s

same here....this is ridiculous..

Go to original post