user profile
Sign in
user profile

Changes to Return and Refund Process for Seller Fulfilled Orders

by News_Amazon

Effective November 15, 2019, if you are fulfilling customer orders in the US from outside the US, you must provide Amazon a valid US return address for items under $10. Amazon will use this address to generate prepaid return labels for customers on eligible return requests. If a US return address is not provided, Amazon will issue the customer a refund for eligible returns without requiring the item to be returned. Learn more about prepaid returns for seller fulfilled orders or returnless refunds.

Note: If you do not have a local return address, an International Returns Provider on the Solution Provider Network may be able to help.
Tags: News and Announcements
8.8K views
49 replies
49 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_AJ8SzzrXJpQN1
In reply to: News_Amazon's post

user profile
Seller_2sSWhvyZsq56v

I always thought that was the policy

user profile
Seller_nuoMeySPnft5m

WOW, finally International sellers are held to the same requirements as US sellers …

user profile
Seller_VWSJO5RpsXV0G

with my humble experience, I believe this is fair and very good actually for the international sellers taking advantage of the system, similar to the seller that is trying to find a way around the utility bill and pretending to be a US seller while she’s outside the US and wants to avoid paying the taxes!!!

user profile
Seller_nstkdGWZl0SW0

Nothing like giving sellers 11 days notice to make such a massive change to their business.

This is another reason why selling on Amazon is getting worse every day.

No one can make such huge adjustments with less than 2 weeks notice.

user profile
Seller_mhgPmhwLhlvcV

This is ridiculous for auto paid return labels. If the buyer found better price or no longer wanted, amazon does not even pay for return labels within 30 day window. Why do they require sellers to do that for all return reasons?

user profile
Seller_ZGBWk16CU7QSX

Hello,anybody can reply if the customer can return without seller’s approved for the Seller Fulfilled Orders???

user profile
Seller_vTk0lr9QL00lK

Although overall this may be good to help us defend against some of the foreign sellers, this just gives BUYERS more ability to get free product and the news will spread. So when these buyers buy an item under $10 they will just file a return on every item and see how many they get a free refund without returns.

user profile
Seller_AGInYcZXd4oMt

I thought the rule was ALL international sellers must have a U.S. return address or pay for the return shipping.

Why does the new rule say only for items under $10? Does that mean items over $10 do not need a U.S. return address?

user profile
Seller_0KKWgJLCQ8KDu

Somebody was telling me about Kohls processing Amazon returns now as well the other day while I was out to dinner. Said the employee said they process well over 150 returns a day. Thats like a full time employee…and a retail place that apparently the customer can walk in, hand some amazon paperwork and their return purchase and Kohls handles the rest. They get an immediate refund as soon as they turn it over to Kohls.

Go to original post