Seller Forums
Sign in
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_pyCNvcu4niexi

Product Incorrectly Classified as Oversize for Shipment Purposes

I have been banging my head against a wall trying to get seller support to understand my problem which is most likely a technical glitch in the system. My problem is this:

We have a product that, in the past, had measurements that classified it as "Oversize", now "large bulky". However, about a year ago, we shrunk the packaging to the point where it measures "Large Standard Size". This has been confirmed with multiple cubiscans months ago. Currently, we are being charged the correct FBA fees corresponding to a standard size product. When we go into our inventory and click on the fee, it brings us to a page that says the product is "large standard size".

However, when we go to send this product to FBA, we run into 2 problems.

Problem 1)

When trying to create an AWD shipment with this product, we get an error that says "please select a standard size product" and, elsewhere on the page, it says the product is ineligible for AWD. This tells me that, in some form, the product is still being classified as oversize.

Problem 2)

When trying to create a Send to Amazon workflow shipment, it's the strangest thing. The placement fees are indeed correct for a standard size product (42 cents for sending to the east, minimal shipment splits, a little more for central and west). So that's good.

However, this is the only product that we have that will not give us the option of which region of the country we would like to send to. All of our other standard size products give us the option to either send our inventory to East, central, or west (with placement fees), or to just send 5 shipments wherever with no placement fees. With this product, we have no option for where to send even with placement fees. The minimal splits option is trying to make us send all the way across the country to San Bernardino.

Lastly, when we do an experiment and try to send another standard size product with the product I'm talking about here, an interesting thing happens in the workflow. It gives us 10 shipments, yes that's right 10 shipments! It comes with a note below that says "5 shipments for standard size products and 5 shipments for non-standard size products".

Open and shut case. This product is being incorrectly classified as large bulky (oversize) for non-fee shipment purposes only. We are barred from shipping it to AWD and we get terrible shipment split options that are reserved for actual large bulky size products. Anybody know how to fix this?

8 replies
Tags:FBA, Fulfillment, Fulfillment center, Packaging, Ship to FC
8 replies
user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_pyCNvcu4niexi. I would like to share your question with our AWD partners.

Can you please post the Case ID for that issue? Does the case include the ASINs which you believe are incorrectly classified as oversize?

KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_pyCNvcu4niexi. Thank you for checking in about your products and issues with Amazon Warehousing and Distribution. I can share your question with our AWD partners if you can share a Case ID with the ASIN/product in question.

In the meantime, does the product meet theAmazon Warehousing and Distribution (AWD) product eligibility guidelines?

Eligible Product Threshold:

"Standard-size ASINs: Products that are 18 inches long x 14 inches wide x 8 inches high or smaller, and that weigh 20 lb or less."

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_pyCNvcu4niexi

I have been banging my head against a wall trying to get seller support to understand my problem which is most likely a technical glitch in the system. My problem is this:

We have a product that, in the past, had measurements that classified it as "Oversize", now "large bulky". However, about a year ago, we shrunk the packaging to the point where it measures "Large Standard Size". This has been confirmed with multiple cubiscans months ago. Currently, we are being charged the correct FBA fees corresponding to a standard size product. When we go into our inventory and click on the fee, it brings us to a page that says the product is "large standard size".

Problem 1)

When trying to create an AWD shipment with this product, we get an error that says "please select a standard size product" and, elsewhere on the page, it says the product is ineligible for AWD. This tells me that, in some form, the product is still being classified as oversize.

Problem 2)

When trying to create a Send to Amazon workflow shipment, it's the strangest thing. The placement fees are indeed correct for a standard size product (42 cents for sending to the east, minimal shipment splits, a little more for central and west). So that's good.

However, this is the only product that we have that will not give us the option of which region of the country we would like to send to. All of our other standard size products give us the option to either send our inventory to East, central, or west (with placement fees), or to just send 5 shipments wherever with no placement fees. With this product, we have no option for where to send even with placement fees. The minimal splits option is trying to make us send all the way across the country to San Bernardino.

Lastly, when we do an experiment and try to send another standard size product with the product I'm talking about here, an interesting thing happens in the workflow. It gives us 10 shipments, yes that's right 10 shipments! It comes with a note below that says "5 shipments for standard size products and 5 shipments for non-standard size products".

Open and shut case. This product is being incorrectly classified as large bulky (oversize) for non-fee shipment purposes only. We are barred from shipping it to AWD and we get terrible shipment split options that are reserved for actual large bulky size products. Anybody know how to fix this?

8 replies
user profile

by Seller_pyCNvcu4niexi

Problem 1)

Problem 2)

8 replies
8 replies
8 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_pyCNvcu4niexi. I would like to share your question with our AWD partners.

Can you please post the Case ID for that issue? Does the case include the ASINs which you believe are incorrectly classified as oversize?

KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon

Hello @Seller_pyCNvcu4niexi. Thank you for checking in about your products and issues with Amazon Warehousing and Distribution. I can share your question with our AWD partners if you can share a Case ID with the ASIN/product in question.

In the meantime, does the product meet theAmazon Warehousing and Distribution (AWD) product eligibility guidelines?

"Standard-size ASINs: Products that are 18 inches long x 14 inches wide x 8 inches high or smaller, and that weigh 20 lb or less."

user profile
KJ_Amazon

KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon

KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon

user profile
KJ_Amazon