user profile
Sign in
user profile

Amazon: PLEASE Get rid of the 'Replacements' options for returns!

by Seller_1sZE5n9hympJR

If Amazon ever listens to feedback from FBM sellers, PLEASE get rid of the option for a 'replacement' within the return options, or at the very least allow the oppurtunity to OPT OUT for all products/price ranges.

100% of our 'replacements' are because a buyer wants a DIFFERENT item (noted in buyer comments or later messaging after shipment 2: requesting a different color, different size, etc...) not because anything is actually wrong with the product.

Aside from the buyers scamming the system, the others seem to think it's an exchange option.

Buyers are entirely confused by the structure and often upset when they receive the identical item they purchased= poor buyer experience.

RFS doesn't always happen either, so even SAFE-T is out of the question- or we take metrics hits for canceling replacements. Lose-lose for the seller AND buyer. There is no upside to this policy.

I have a feeling this will go nowhere, but wanted to post it anyway : )

Tags: Customer, Refunds, Return shipment, SAFE-T
31 replies
31 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_NbYSGJ8Tehgbv
In reply to: Seller_1sZE5n9hympJR's post

If Amazon actually listened to feedback from any seller, Seller Support would not be the horrid quality it is today.

user profile
Seller_Hi7wbO2Kbo6bl

user profile
Seller_1sZE5n9hympJR
Show post
I have a feeling this will go nowhere, but wanted to post it anyway

You are right.

And I understand.

Sigh.

user profile
Seller_Zw8LsZUQSH440

I agree. In addition to what you say, legitimate buyers can't get a replacement unless they return the product. There is no "replacement without return" option for sellers. We recently had a replacement request for a bottle that broke in transit. The customer had to send back broken glass to get her replacement.

user profile
Seller_1sZE5n9hympJR

We just got one with return reason: Bought by mistake

(buyer comments: ordered by mistake).

REPLACEMENT REQUESTED. A replacement order was actually generated.

Unsure why a replacement would even be an option for this return reason...

user profile
Seller_UHVnOVHF8YpEx

Agreed. We now only sell items over $100 since Amazon did the whole automatic refunds and/or exchange garbage for items under $100. It's insanity.

user profile
Seller_HP0CuTSNvJvu9

I'll sign that petition.

user profile
Seller_JjUDpBqqxKYrC

I am currently going through this. customer got the replacement but never returned original which after 30 days was able to do a safety claim on.

As for the replacement customer kept and shows $0.00. will not let me do a safety claim as it says is in route but tracking shows never was received by ups to ship back. going on 97 days

talked with a few people who al said would get back to me but that was a month ago. still awaiting some type of resolved tried again with chat and telling me to contact ups. UPS does not have package nor does tracking show anything....

So not sure what to do?

user profile
Seller_gETclorOx48Ln
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_D8uPOAC5dxoBb

We had our first one. Customer was confused the whole time. Spent hours explaining over and over again. This is a terrible idea for seller fufilled and we would like the option of opting out.

user profile
Seller_wM0nLLkM8WJfx

Agree with this. Many FBMers like me only have ONE or TWO of the same item, and we cannot replace it. I get requests from buyers to "replace" also, and i just tell them to return the product. I don't have another one.

Go to original post