user profile
Sign in
user profile

Suspended for policy violation

by Seller_BU1cU6FRGDEiP

We’ve received your appeal

Our Seller Performance team will review your appeal, and you should expect a reply by Apr 17, 2018 5:44:18 AM PDT.

Things you can do while awaiting our response:

Confirm all the items you have shipped and provide tracking information.
Update your inventory.
Monitor customer contacts and resolve any customer issues.
Solicit feedback from your customers.

Learn more about how to improve your selling performance.

You wrote:

Suspended for policy violation

I have been notified that my selling privileges have been removed on Amazon.com having listed items that I am are not approved to sell i.e

1. ASIN: B001DZRVQW - Brand: ANDREWS Title:Andrews Original Salts 250g
  2. ASIN: B0051I6D8Y - Brand:Philips Title:Milk of Magnesia
  3. ASIN: B0016PWYPC - Brand: BENYLIN Title: Benylin Chesty Non Drowsy Mixture Syrup 150ml

I sincerely apologise for this error and believe the main reason why this happened was that on listing some items - I got notified that I was not eligible to sell those items. When this happened for a couple of items, I erroneously believed that any other item within the general - over the counter remedies or groceries; that I WAS NOT notified meant I could list and sell on amazon.com. Clearly I was wrong.

Plan of Action: We shall be taking the following steps to avoid listing items that require pre-approval authorisation.

1. I have reviewed and re-brief my team on my current selling privileges. To this end; I have removed the listing concerned.
  2. Any items to list for which I am unclear about, I shall contact amazon for clearance to sell first before listing.
  3. I shall work strenuously to obtain further seller privilege authorisation as per amazon seller policies.
  4. I shall aggressively monitor our listing to ensure we are meeting the standards set by Amazon and our own standards of quality customer service.

Please let us know what should be done to reinstate our account, we are looking forward to hearing from you.

Response received:

Hello,

Your plan does not sufficiently address your policy violation. You listed items that you are not approved to sell.

To be sufficient, your plan must:
– Include more details about the steps you have taken to prevent future policy violations.
– Show that you have taken responsibility for this policy violation.

If you would like us to reinstate your account, please reply to this email with an updated plan. If it sufficiently addresses the policy violation, we will reinstate your account.

Learn more about our policies in Seller Central Help (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/help/521).

To talk to someone about this email, ask our Seller Support team to contact you. (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/hz/contact-us).

Sincerely,

Seller Performance Team

My Response to amazon response to my appeal

Dear Seller Performance,

Thank you for another opportunity to respond to our recent suspension for listing items that I am not approved to sell.
We accept responsibility for this violation and sincerely apologise for this error which arose from a wrong assumption made.
A. What went wrong: The issues that has caused my suspension is that:

1. We do not have Brand Approval to sell the following items:
    i.ASIN: B001DZRVQW - Brand: ANDREWS Title:Andrews Original Salts 250g
    ii. ASIN: B0051I6D8Y - Brand:Philips Title:Milk of Magnesia
    iii. ASIN: B0016PWYPC - Brand: BENYLIN Title: Benylin Chesty Non Drowsy Mixture Syrup 150ml.
  2. We do not have authorization letter from the manufacturer and we are not the brand owner so in effect we are unable to prove a valid supply chain.
  3. The quantity of items do not match my inventory listing.

B. Steps taken to resolve the problems:

1. We have reviewed all of Amazon’s policies including the Amazon Anti-Counterfeiting Policy, the Intellectual Property Violation Policy and Amazon’s Policies and Agreements.
  2. We have re-brief my team members on our current selling privileges and have subsequently removed all the listings concerned using the manage inventory tool.
  3. We revised our current listing and pull up several reports including an ‘All Listing’ Inventory report; in order to identify any more restricted items in our inventory.
    C: Details how we will prevent similar problems:
  4. We have researched every product in our inventory and will research any item we intend to sell in the future, to ensure it meets listing requirements before I attempt to list them. In effect I shall actively check that all the products I intend to list on seller central in the future are not restricted.
  5. We will not list or attempt to list any such products without prior written consent from the manufacture or the brand owner. We shall work strenuously to obtain further seller privilege authorisation as per amazon seller policies.
  6. We shall aggressively monitor our listing to ensure we are meeting the standards set by Amazon and our own standards of quality customer service.

We believe that above plan will prevent any future policy violations and humbly ask that Amazon please consider reinstating our account so we work together towards a mutually beneficial business partnership. Thank you.

Any critique or suggestions will be very much appreciated.

Tags: ASIN, Fees, Listings, Restricted Products
11 replies
11 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_tzfX0jBLBCmu2
In reply to: Seller_BU1cU6FRGDEiP's post

So you sold in grocery without approval to sell in grocery?

user profile
Seller_6OMUOUOVkLhf5

FWIW, I would change the “we” to “I”. You are ultimately responsible for the listings and adherence to policy.

user profile
Seller_cu1Lr54OxusWw

Better than the first … but still not there.

I don’t mind doing some editing … but I can’t spend the time to guess what to add Especially since what I can’t see might be important to your appeal.

So here’s an edit … and you need to add a bit more.

Conclusion … you don’t really address sourcing which I believe is you primary issue.

user profile
Seller_BU1cU6FRGDEiP

Hi Guys, Many thanks for your input. I am very grateful. The background to this is that - I am a new UK trader on amazon.com. I applied to to list products in the Grocery category and after several back and forths via emails. I got approval. I sourced merchandise from a known UK wholesaler - fjarpino.com and sent amazon my purchase invoices in order to get approval to list under grocery category. I made sales of about $250 so far. After making a couple more listings from the purchase I made from Arpino, I received an email saying that my account was being reviewed; seconds later - I received notification my account has been suspended. I then prepped the first appeal and minutes later got declined notification. I then joined this forum where I found a lot of insight into the problem. Having read all the comments and suggestions around suspensions and appeals and revisions to my my second appeal letter. I am indeed very grateful for all your assistance. I am prepping another appeal and will post here shortly for further advice please.

user profile
Seller_BU1cU6FRGDEiP

Dear Seller Performance,

Thank you for another opportunity to respond to my recent suspension for listing items that I am not approved to sell. I wholly accept responsibility for this violation and sincerely apologize for this mistake which arose from a wrong assumption made.

A. What went wrong: The issues that has caused my suspension is that:

1. I do not have Brand Approval to sell the following items:
    a. ASIN: B001DZRVQW - Brand: ANDREWS Title:Andrews Original Salts 250g
    b. ASIN: B0051I6D8Y - Brand:Philips Title:Milk of Magnesia
    c. ASIN: B0016PWYPC - Brand: BENYLIN Title: Benylin Chesty Non Drowsy Mixture Syrup 150ml.
  2. I do not have an authorization letter from the manufacturer and I am not the brand owner so I am unable to prove a valid supply chain.
  3. I sourced from an unauthorised wholesaler.
  4. The quantity of items do not match my inventory listing.

B. Steps taken to resolve the problems:

1. I have reviewed all of Amazon’s policies including the Amazon Anti-Counterfeiting Policy, the Intellectual Property Violation Policy and Amazon’s Policies and Agreements.
  2. I have re-brief my team members on our current selling privileges and have subsequently removed all the listings concerned using the manage inventory tool and will not relist them again.
  3. I have pull up several reports including an ‘All Listing’ Inventory report; in order to identify any more restricted items in our inventory.
  4. I have subsequently deleted ALL my listings on amazon.
  5. I am currently running all my listing through rigours checks to ensure they have no limitations on them. Only after these checks are completed will I list the products that meets the standards set by Amazon.

C. Details how we will prevent similar problems:

1. I will not list or attempt to list any product without prior written consent from the manufacture or the brand owner.
  2. I will source items ONLY directly from manufacturers or their approved distributors and will no longer practice retail arbitrage.
  3. I will research any item I intend to sell in the future, to ensure it meets listing requirements before I attempt to list them.
  4. I shall aggressively monitor our listing to ensure we continue meeting the standards set by Amazon and our own standards of quality customer service.

I believe that above plan will prevent any future policy violations and humbly ask that Amazon please consider reinstating our account.

Thank you.

Michael M Afari
Mermike UK Ltd
peacefulturbo@sky.com
+447830061438

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post