user profile
Sign in
user profile

Chinese Hijack

by Seller_t695I9t2GvDFa

I have a direct relationship with a publisher and manufacturer who makes and sells a book that I've been selling for many months. They're family friends, and we've done great business together.

Out of nowhere, after I'd replenished 600 units, the listing brand name was CHANGED to some random Chinese seller's name, the listing was temporarily removed, and now that it's back, I have to get approval with this random Chinese brand. This is absolutely insane, considering this book is directly sourced from the manufacturer who is ALSO the publisher. And Amazon will do NOTHING to rectify this - they've only given me and the publisher a runaround, and "oh we'll respond within the hour," and the response is something generic and unhelpful. I've done over six figures in sales with this book alone, and suddenly that's gone, inaccessible, and gated because Amazon refuses to help or correspond with me/the owners of the material.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? I have no idea how to navigate this and just want the listing back in order.

Tags: Brand Registry, Counterfeit, Counterfeit Crimes Unit, Intellectual property infringements
29 replies
29 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_kUQeHGrF4Vkz0
In reply to: Seller_t695I9t2GvDFa's post

I am in a very similar situation too. The Chinese Seller has hacked the ASIN, and changed all the nodes. My sales has dropped over 95%, and Amazon has been giving me a run around. They have not been helpful at all. I have informed them that they have manipulated the system.

1. Manipulative Reviews

2. False Seller Information (Complete false Seller Info)

3. Ghost Account (Account was a typical Chinese "ghost" farmed account.)

user profile
Seller_SJRMV3s4mNrFA

Your best bet is...Give Up. Amazon doesn't care. They don't want to upset the chinese seller(s)

user profile
Seller_mFUNUCCYB0cok

Good luck! Since it involves a Chinese seller, Amazon won't do a single thing about! They let the Chinese sellers do whatever they want on this platform with no repercussions.

user profile
Seller_kl5Xe6kEg2gLe

Same here but mine is a product we actually are the only sellers for (I make it). Amazon tells me I have to get permission from the fictitious Chinese seller who somehow changed the brand to some fake random series of letters.

They are not even attempting to sell the product, I think they just did that to get the ratings/reviews somehow?

I am so sorry this is happening to you. I am only losing a couple thousand dollars and nowhere near what you have to deal with. Absolutely no help from Amazon in any way shape or form.

user profile
Seller_EeVQq96nRqCHo

Almost, but not quite, the same thing happened to me. I am the actual manufacturer of my product, own the copyright, am the brand owner, and do every other function involved. One day a weird name showed up as the brand owner, but nothing else changed because they couldn't get their hands on the actual product. I tried for more than a year to get the problem resolved, with no luck or meaningful help whatsoever. Finally Amazon advised me to delete everything to do with that product and list it again, with all new numbers, as if it were brand new. Yes, that did solve the problem, but it also caused me to lose SIX YEARS of stellar reviews. Starting from scratch means starting from scratch!

user profile
Jim_Amazon

Hi there @Seller_t695I9t2GvDFa

I would love to look into this! Could you please send me the Seller Support case ID you have on the issue so I can personally investigate?

-Jim

user profile
Seller_EoJ5wuXcKygXo

I've been experiencing a very similar issue. Amazon's responses have been extremely vague and unhelpful. I've had to open several cases to make any progress, but most of them were closed after sending me to different departments like the Ad Center or telling me that it’s just not possible to change it back. The brand name on my listing keeps changing frequently—sometimes it’s "JustSwag" or "Aeiniweraabbcc," or "TOMENGBEIAABBCC " or variations of those.

I am gated and unable to edit my listing for a product that I own 100% and have been selling since 2019. I am the sole owner and distributor of the brand, which I have built from the ground up. The last response from Amazon claimed that the issue was "fixed" and would reflect on the listing within 7 days. This is strange, as I’ve had cases closed before, claiming a 24-hour reversion period, yet nothing happened.

I'm really hoping this 7-day period is legitimate because if it isn’t, I’ll be left with no other option but to keep opening cases or possibly start with a new UPC and ASIN. Has anyone else had success with this 7-day refresh period or found a more effective workaround?

user profile
Seller_XPs1WOLWv251o

That is why the first thing I did before I started anything under my own listing, I got a trademark and applied for brand registry. Now, no one can hijack my listings. It was the best investment I ever made.

user profile
Seller_QD2EaZq89yfSW
This post has been deleted
user profile
Seller_7EIIgClrLiIiz

@Seller_t695I9t2GvDFa I am wondering how long it will take. Could you please let us know after how many months you get back your listings?

Go to original post