The budget you set for your coupon is shared with the following costs:
For example, if you offer a $4.00 coupon on a $25.00 product. The first day your coupon becomes active, 50 customers redeem the coupon (buy a coupon-eligible product after clipping the coupon). The cost for these transactions are calculated as follows:
(USD equivalent to the discount you offer x number of redemptions) + (redemption fees x number of redemptions)
($4.00 x 50) + ($0.60 x 50) = $200 + $30 = $230
Your budget is depleted by $230 the following day as a result of this customer interest in your coupon. We will take your coupon offline once your budget is 80% utilized.
We will take your coupon offline when the budget is 80% utilized, and allocate the remaining 20% to cover for possible redemptions from customers who have already clipped the coupon. For customers to have the best experience with coupons, we allow them to redeem coupons for a window of approximately 30 minutes after we disable the discovery of a coupon (it is 5 minutes in Japan). If 20% of your budget does not cover the customer redemptions in the 30-minute window (it is 5 minutes in Japan), you will see the spend exceed your budget.
The threshold such as 80% is controlled by the string. It displays different figures as per the locale.We display this message to all the coupon enabled stores except India as per the agreement in SIM.