Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Big In Japan??
This question is not answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Jan, 2018 10:57 PM by: Ment2B
Ment2B

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 2:31 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Hi All,

I was just cruising Amazon.jp for the first time out of curiosity, looking at random items while suddenly I stumble across my PL product. Complete with product pictures, description (In Japanese) and bullet points. Price is x 10 than the one on the .com site.

I then make some other cross checks between other PL products i know are on Amazon.com and see them on JP sold by other sellers that are not the original seller. Each listing shows the reviews generated on the .com site but also shows the JP reviews if any were made. So it looks like a feature Amazon provides.

I wasn't aware that Dropshipping between Amazon's marketplaces is a thing. Or am i missing something?

What would you guys do if you saw your PL product sold in a different marketplace?

Edited by: Ment2B on Jan 14, 2018 2:36 AM
Is this a helpful question? Yes 3   No
9 Replies
Sort replies by:
GoodSeller

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 6:23 AM   in response to: Ment2B in response to: Ment2B  
Ment2B wrote:
Hi All,

I was just cruising Amazon.jp for the first time out of curiosity, looking at random items while suddenly I stumble across my PL product. Complete with product pictures, description (In Japanese) and bullet points. Price is x 10 than the one on the .com site.

I then make some other cross checks between other PL products i know are on Amazon.com and see them on JP sold by other sellers that are not the original seller. Each listing shows the reviews generated on the .com site but also shows the JP reviews if any were made. So it looks like a feature Amazon provides.

I wasn't aware that Dropshipping between Amazon's marketplaces is a thing. Or am i missing something?

What would you guys do if you saw your PL product sold in a different marketplace?

Personally I am happy for any sale I get.
I don't care if somebody in Japan is selling my product for enough above my price to make a profit for themselves as I never plan to sell on that venue myself anyway.
(I do get a few international orders everyday (usually to Canada or Europe) and they pay for the shipping on these orders so maybe this is what is happening)
And since I charge enough to cover the shipping costs I actually end up with a little more profit on the sale as my items are listed here with free shipping.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
Ment2B

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 7:40 AM   in response to: GoodSeller in response to: GoodSeller  
GoodSeller wrote:
Ment2B wrote:
Hi All,

Personally I am happy for any sale I get.
I don't care if somebody in Japan is selling my product for enough above my price to make a profit for themselves as I never plan to sell on that venue myself anyway.
(I do get a few international orders everyday (usually to Canada or Europe) and they pay for the shipping on these orders so maybe this is what is happening)
And since I charge enough to cover the shipping costs I actually end up with a little more profit on the sale as my items are listed here with free shipping.

Thats true, unless of course like you said, you plan on venturing into that venue.

If thats the case you start your venture into JP (as an example) trying to explain that that's your PL with your brand and logo on it. I wonder if Seller Support in Amazon.jp speaks Japaneses?

Also, I wonder if you spot your product on a different marketplace, does it mean that that product has potential there?

Oh well...
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 0
Sweating it

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 6:30 PM   in response to: Ment2B in response to: Ment2B  
After reading your post, I checked myself amazon.jp. Lo and behold every single one of my PL items are listed there for 10x the price.
I am not familiar with the yen. But I used a yen to dollar converter to verify this.
I then checked all amazon's selling sites. Some of my PL items are listed in Mexico and in some other sites. My cusomt products. My images. My descriptions. Etc.
Scratching my head...
Was this reply helpful? Yes 2   No 0
Rushdie

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 6:49 PM   in response to: Sweating it in response to: Sweating it  
They're on Amazon.cn and all over eBay, as well.

Looks like you have an entire contingent of dropshippers, listing your wares.

If you build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to your door. :)
Sweating it

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 7:53 PM   in response to: Rushdie in response to: Rushdie  
Thank you Rushdie.
How do you know from a forums user name what his real seller name is?
Always wondered this.
Also why on some forums you cannot vote yes or no?
Kindly reply.
Thank you
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 0
mikeystoyz

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 7:54 PM   in response to: Sweating it in response to: Sweating it  
I would seriously look into that market if the items were going for 10x
Sweating it

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 7:57 PM   in response to: mikeystoyz in response to: mikeystoyz  
Okay.
I am not ready yet to do Japan.
Also the fact that someone is listing them over there doe not mean that they have sales...
mikeystoyz

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 7:59 PM   in response to: Sweating it in response to: Sweating it  
True, that being said, I sell on the other selling place, have sold hundreds of items to Japan and have had fewer chargebacks there than in the US. Japanese people as a whole are very honest and don't usually make up stories about defects or nondelivery unless it is for real. You might want to list 1 or 2 items and see what happens. My biggest sale to Japan was right around 1500 dollars and I wasnt really worried about the sale. The guy had great feedback and actually kept in touch with me after the sale and bought more widgets.

Edited by: mikeystoyz on Jan 14, 2018 8:01 PM
Ment2B

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 10:57 PM   in response to: Rushdie in response to: Rushdie  
Rushdie wrote:
They're on Amazon.cn and all over eBay, as well.

Looks like you have an entire contingent of dropshippers, listing your wares.

If you build a better mousetrap, the world will beat a path to your door. :)

I think that its something a bit more than just plain Dropshipping. Its something more "institutionalized", because it shows the .com product reviews along with it. Its like Amazon encourages these Dropshippers to do just that...