Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » Order Management, Shipping, Feedback & Returns

Thread: Suspicious???
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 14 Jan, 2018 11:35 AM by: slim_pickens_di... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Seventiesgirl

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 6:43 PM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
A customer bought a book from me on December 17th. This evening (January 13th) I received this email
on my facebook advertising page. The original customer did not email me. This is the email I received. Is this suspicious???? It has been a month. The customer lives in New York and this girl who emailed me lives in Greece.

Hello, my name is {Content Removed}, I am {Content Removed} helper. I am using my account to send you the pics of a book she has order, but because of the paper envelope, it was damaged, due to the bad weather.
She really like your company, it seams pretty nice and she would like to find a way to replace this book. She doesn't want to pay to send it back, but if you give her half price, she can keep it for her guests.

Edited by: GlennS@SellerSupport on Jan 14, 2018 11:25 AM
Edited to remove private information.

Is this a helpful question? Yes 1   No
3 Replies
Sort replies by:
Hit the Books

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 6:50 PM   in response to: Seventiesgirl in response to: Seventiesgirl  
Everything else aside... out of curiosity, did you ship a book in a mere paper envelope without any other protection (like plastic wrap, cardboard, bubble wrap)?
Was this reply helpful? Yes 6   No 1
davidsbook

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:40 PM   in response to: Seventiesgirl in response to: Seventiesgirl  
Whatever answer you send I would do it through amazon so there is a record of the conversation.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 0
slim_pickens_di...

Posted on: 14 Jan, 2018 11:35 AM   in response to: Seventiesgirl in response to: Seventiesgirl  
The email looks fine. just refund half the money as requested, to the actual buyer. you will be glad you did. any other move will be disastrous to your amazon business.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 0   No 4