Seller Central
Seller Forums

Amazon Seller Forums » Selling on Amazon » General Selling Questions

Thread: Amazon fee taken on reserved seller payout
This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 9 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: 13 Jan, 2018 9:38 AM by: ThreadKiller
BestTrade

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 6:45 AM  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
Amazon takes their percentage of the sellers total while the payout is on hold for up to two weeks incase of charge-back, etc. Why not do it all at one time when they are ready to send the sellers money? Does this make any logical sense?
Is this a helpful question? Yes 0   No
9 Replies
Sort replies by:
CJ Tomes

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:11 AM   in response to: BestTrade in response to: BestTrade  
In normal businesses, you get paid every two week, or twice a month. This makes perfect sense to me. The business takes their cut, and pays you the rest on payday. They are not holding anything from you... which is the part of your question that makes no sense.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 10   No 1
GoodSeller

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 6:46 AM   in response to: BestTrade in response to: BestTrade  
BestTrade wrote:
Amazon takes their percentage of the sellers total while the payout is on hold for up to two weeks incase of charge-back, etc. Why not do it all at one time when they are ready to send the sellers money? Does this make any logical sense?

Your complaint does not make sense.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 9   No 1
ALIF 786

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:40 AM   in response to: BestTrade in response to: BestTrade  
If there is a chargeback or A-Z, Amazon will hold that money till the outcome of that issue, it does not matter when is your payout.

They do it because if they issue you all the money, and you decide to run and close the account, then they will have to charge your card or bank account, and who knows if card is declined and bank account has no funds, then Amazon lost..... so in short, they hold the disputed amount right away from your sales.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 0
emehan

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:50 AM   in response to: BestTrade in response to: BestTrade  
I was confused by op's question. However, I think Nene understood what was being asked and answered it well.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 1
Pennies On The ...

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:59 AM   in response to: ThreadKiller in response to: ThreadKiller  
not necessary to be rude to people on here
Was this reply helpful? Yes 5   No 2
Nene

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:41 AM   in response to: BestTrade in response to: BestTrade  
I think what you're trying to ask is why they don't also reserve the deduction of fees in case of returns etc, right? The fees may help fund other things in their business, like AZ claims on orders from other sellers, shipping of FBA orders etc. So I guess it's their perogative as the business owner to use generated funds immediately and have you wait for your share. But they do credit you whatever fee they charged on returned items for which you've issued a refund.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 1
ThreadKiller

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:53 AM   in response to: BestTrade in response to: BestTrade  
Wow, my question was completely misunderstood

Then learn how to ask a question.
smh
Was this reply helpful? Yes 4   No 5
ThreadKiller

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 9:38 AM   in response to: Pennies On The ... in response to: Pennies On The ...  
not necessary to be rude to people on here

Wasn't rude.
At all.
Just stated directly what others eluded to with questions and "No" votes.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 1   No 3
BestTrade

Posted on: 13 Jan, 2018 7:29 AM   in response to: BestTrade in response to: BestTrade  
Wow, my question was completely misunderstood; So, to not waste more of my precious time, I will click 'answered' and press on, good day.
Was this reply helpful? Yes 3   No 17